C H A P T E R 43

I groggily sit up and look around. Events flash around my mind as I see that I have somehow made it back to my room. I collapse and fall back into the bed. Looking to my side I come face to face with the sleeping devil herself.

And to think she's an angle. Everyone is clearly mistaken. As I stair at her as her eyes flutter open as she smiles.

"Mm what time is it?" She yawns stretching out. I roll my eyes and sit up.

"I think it time for you to go," she sat up clutching my sheets to her chest.

"Natalia stop acting like a bad ass," she scoots back to lean up against my head board.

"I'm not being all bad ass. I'm just saying you need to leave," I stand up and walk to my closet to grab my silk robe.

"What is wrong with you!" She shouts at me.

"Me, what's wrong with me? I'm not the one who lied about the reason I was in the hospital, I tried giving you your space. Apparently it's just a game to you. Well it's not a game to me, at least not any more," I shook my head starring at her. Her eyes widened.

"You know?" I nod my head and walk to my bathroom, "how long?" Her words came out breathy and low in tone.

"A week. Since you left the hospital," I turned on the sink water and splashed my face with water and brushed my teeth. When I finished I came back out to see Jane in the same spot with her head in her hands.

"I wanted to tell you, it I didn't want for you to look at me any different," I shake my head.

"Me look at you differently? Have you met my mother," I turn around and shrug off my robe to reveal my back. A scare lines my back from the top of my neck all the way to my hips. A long ragged line, "my dad went on a month long trip when I was eight. The worst month of my life. He had been gone for a few weeks my mother was on edge for some random reason. I tracked mud inside from playing with River and his friends. She lost it and threw me up against our glass coffee table. It shatter upon impact," I pulled my robe back up and turned to face her.

"I'm sorry I didn't know."

I held up my hand, "I don't want your sympathy. Don't ever lie to me. I despise liars," My words spat out laced in venom.

"Natalia while I'm come to know you I've learned are a hypocrite. You hate begging manipulated, but you manipulate people. You hate yourself," I nod my head at her words.

"And finally someone gets me. I fucking hate myself! I hate what I've become, but I will never change, because I fucking love it," I speak with my hands throwing them in the air and raising my voice.

"I'm not asking you to change you, so why are you still pushing me away? I want to be with you, because your you, but I don't think you understand that," she shakes her head and throws her legs over the side of the bed standing up with the sheet still wrapped around her body, "you've given me a chance once before, but I threw it away. Everyone deserves a second chance, can you give me mine?"

"You just walked away. You didn't even bat an eyelash. Why should I give you a second chance?"

She comes and stands in front of me, "because I love you. And I know that now. Natalia Im in love with you."

I shake my head, "Your in love with the thought of me. Not of being with me."

She laughs, "listen to me. Please, just listen to me. I love you," her hands grip my face, "I will shout that to the world if you'd like. I don't care what people think."

"You don't mean that."

She nods her head, "I do. I've gone out of my way to show you that I truly do love you. I've gone out of my comfort zone, I've been bold, and I've been daring. I have tried my hardest to be more like you, because then maybe you'd like me. Did it work?"

I shook my head, "no," she dropped her hands from my face and looked down, "it didn't work, because I liked you for you, Jane, you didn't have to be bold. You didn't have to go out of your comfort zone, you just had to simply be yourself."

I smash my lips into hers. Surprised by my actions Jane back up. I smirk against her lips as our lips move in sync. We both pull back needing oxygen.

"Does this mean you'll forgive me?" Jane leans her forehead against mine.

"I forgave you a long time ago," I sigh and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I didn't seem like it."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry," her head pops up and she looks at me.

"Did the devil herself just tell me she's sorry?"

I roll my eyes and smirk, "yes. Yes she just did."

"Natalia I'm leaving with Camille we're going to go out-" River walked into without warning. My eyes widened and I pushed away from Jane making her stumble.

She cling to the sheet that covered her naked body while wrapped my robe tighter around mine. River started at us with big eyes.

Fawk! Was all I could think. We've just been caught by the one person that could possibly keep us apart. Even after we just found each other. Things couldn't possibly get any worse.

Short chapter. And a cliff hanger. What the Fawk! lol my new favorite word is fawk if you haven't noticed.