C H A P T E R 11

"River, what do I do?" I asked in a panicky voice.

"Stay with her. Make sure she listens to mother, and I'll take the next plane out of here."

I nod my head but to my dismay River could not see through the phone.

"Ok."

"See you soon."

I hung up and walked back into Natalia's room who is sleeping soundly on her bed.

I paced back and forth at the foot of her bed, only stopping when she started to stirred. Silently panicking I ran into her bathroom and shut the door ever so quietly. Walking to the mirror above her sink I looked at my tired reflection. Looking back at me are all my insecurities and the girl who hid behind her bestfriend who she had a crush on.

I sigh.

The bathroom door opens and I stay staring at my reflection in the mirror. She made her way next to me and also starres at her reflection. It's true what they say. Not about her, but when they say don't judge a book by its cover. Natalia acts the way she acts, because her bat shit crazy mother. Not because of all the money she has. But I've known that for a while now.

She laughed, "so, we gonna stand here all day or," she trailed off. Her voice was horse and dry. I shook my head and walked out of the bathroom. I take a seat on her bed. The door to the bathroom closed and seconds later I could hear the water in the shower running.

I sighed.

What is this thing I called my life? I questioned out loud. I was-am practically in love with my best friend, who has a beautiful, rich girlfriend! He thinks of me as nothing more than a sister and these days it seemed to be bothering me way more than it should. Thoughts ran around in my head. I wanted to scream. I needed to scream, but gotta keep it together.

The sounds of water running in the bathroom ceased to exist, and the bathroom door opened, steam falling out. I looked at the angelic looking girl who's walking out of the bathroom looking like she was coming from a photo shoot. Even though her wet hair is sticking to her bare face, and the only thing covering her body is a white towe-how I couldn't help but envy the towel. I mentally shook my head of the thought and immediately started to think about how beautiful she is. My beauty couldn't compare to hers.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," Natalia spoke breaking me out thought.

I look away as she walked into her closet.

She walks back out seconds later fully dressed. How she dressed so fast one may never know.

"Daughter," Mrs. Vaderson walked in the room without a warning, "it's eight o'five," she begins to tap her toe showing how truly irritated she is, "I said ''eight you're five minutes late."

Natalia's eyes widened.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Vanderson, it was my fault not Natalia's," I stood up and placed myself in between Natalia and her mother. It seemed like the right thing to do.

"Hm, nonetheless, I have a list of things I need you to pick up for me Natalia, but not dressed like that," Mrs. Vanderson walked inside Natalia's closet. Oh god this isn't going to end well.

"Natalia put this on," Mrs. Vanderson comes out the closet with a light mint dress and a matching blazer, "as for you," she goes back into the closet and comes back out with a dress, "you will wear this if you are to be running errands with my daughter."

Nodding my head was all I could do. Natalia's mother scared the living wits out of me so when she finally walked out of the room it was a relief for both of us. Natalia groaned at her departure.

"I can't believe her! She still treats me like I'm a fancy prize that she can just parade around on display!" Natalia stomped her foot.

"I think it's best to just do as she says," with one last groan and a nod Natalia strips before I have time to react.

She shed her shirt to reveal her bare breast since she wasn't wearing a bra underneath. The delicate skin of her nipples being revealed to the cool air makes them visibly harden. I blush looking away.

Noticing this, she smirks, "see something you like?"

I shake my head and start walking into the bathroom to change into the dress. It wasn't that I was too shy to change in front of her but my body definitely doesn't look like her right now.

The dress Mrs. Vanderson gave me fit surprisingly well. It almost even covered up all the old bruises that have yet to fade. I frown as the big ugly purple blue bruise on my thigh kind of peeks through. I pull on the hem of the dress willing it to go down a little further.

With one last yank, I walked out of the bathroom to see Natalia pulling her hair up.

She turned to face me, "You should wear dresses more often."

I blushed at her compliment hoping she couldn't see through the façade. I couldn't help to think about if it was possible to over heat from blushing so much?

She walks up to me and instructs me to turn around. Being the sub I am, I do as told. She pulls my ponytail holder out and runs a brush through my brown shoulder length hair before I could protest, "my hair would be better up."

"No, it's better down."

I didn't argue with her knowing I was going to lose that battle. Instead I let her dress me up.

After she is done we go downstairs to find Mrs. Vanderson in the kitchen.

"At last you two are ready. Only took you a century," she rolls her eyes, "Ok Natalia I need you to deliver these invitations for me. I would mail them, but why do that whenever I have a very capable daughter. I haven't shown you off in a while either," she trails off then looks at Natalia, "The address is on each invitation and there are twenty in total," I stood behind Natalia as she nods her head to her mothers words taking in everything, "oh and also I need you to run to the ballroom before that. You know which one I'm talking about. The one I rent every year, tell Rene June 23. She'll know what you're talking about and will give you all the paperwork. Bring that back here before you deliver the invitations."

"Yes ma'am," Natalia spoke for the first time. My head was running in circles at all the information Mrs. Vanderson said, but it sounded like she was planning something. Of course I knew what she was planning. She did this every year. And I guess it is about that time already.

"I will be here when you get back, as will your father," Natalia nods her head again, "now run along."