A Girl?

That morning she woke up before the guys did. Thankfully, everyone was still there, alive and breathing.

She had to be able to get her materials, meaning food, water, other items she could possibly need.

But there was this part of her that wanted to see these two boys, Newt and Thomas.

Something about them made her a lot more curious, more curious than the others.

Before she got lost in her thoughts, in that little world in her brain she ran back to the woods.

****

Hours later everyone was moving around and getting their supplies together. Always trying to figure a way out of the Maze.

But then it happened.

It was quiet, which was unusual.

She figured it was okay to walk around, to see what on earth was going on that caused it to be so quiet all of a sudden.

She slowly and carefully walked down the steps from the tree, still hiding just in case someone was there.

She walked to the edge of the forest to see that everyone was at the opening of the maze, so focused that if a bomb were to hit nobody would be affected.

She felt the need to lean against a tree to see what was happening at the maze opening.

Her eyes went wide when she saw Thomas jump through the doors at the last minute, causing her heart beat twice as fast.

Didn't he know he couldn't do that?

Especially go into the maze when the doors were closing?

She had her hand to her face, to think she thought that boy was smart until this happened.

Everyone was screaming and panicking trying to grab any part of his body to pull him back from going inside.

She saw Newt running his hands through his hair, he was so nervous.

She could tell he was shaking, Newt didn't want to lose anyone else and she could tell him and Thomas were close.

Her eyes went a bit wide when Newt turn around, she prayed he wouldn't look her way, but then he gazed up, and looked right at her.

She froze instantly, and so did Newt, he didn't know who she was, or where she had come from or why she was here all of a sudden.

They both just stared at eachother, unable to move or do anything.

Newt eventually turned to his group, which gave her enought time to run back into the forest, this wasn't the time to get caught.

Not yet, not now, not ever.