You Said What?

Newt's POV.

Everyone screamed as Thomas ran into the maze. Sure he was told the rules, yet he decided not to listen to them. He was not to go into the maze. Ever.

Sure enough, what'd he do? He went straight into the maze!

Even if one of the other Gladers were helping another get out, when those doors are shutting that doesn't mean run inbetween them and practically show your own death about to happen before everyone's eyes.

Newt was nervous as hell, Thomas and him have gotten close, and he couldn't lose him too.

He ran his hands through his hair turning around for a minute, not wanting to watch.

Then, standing before him was a girl.

Yes. A girl.

She was leaning against a tree, like she seemed to do it all the time, like it was natural.

Their eyes locked, it felt as if you couldn't move or speak or do anything.

Everyone here hasn't seen a girl for about three years now.

And for one to just show up out of the blue was well, insanely strange.

Where did she come from?

How come they never saw her?

He wondered, why now he was just seeing her face?

So many questions were going through his head all at once.

He turned around back to the group to tell them he just saw a girl and when he looked back, she was gone.

Newt frantically looked around the forest, but couldn't find her. It was like she had vanished just before him.

He told them he wasn't crazy, but they just think he'd gone insane, thinking he saw a girl when there hasn't been a girl there for years.

He knew what he saw, and his mind was made up, he was going to find her, one way, or another.

Maddie's POV.

She ran. She ran so fast. She headed straight to her tree fort high above so nobody could see her.

But, she just let Newt, see her.

How stupid was she? She thought inside her head.

Now everyone is gonna know there's a girl here.

This wasn't the smartest idea she had ever had but it could still work it out.

She thought long and hard until it started to become evening.

It was somewhat dark where the sky was a deep blue but still bright enough that you could but couldn't really see anything.

She began to hear someone running, and she could tell they were running from a Griever.

She looked out from her fort and saw it was Newt, he looked terrified.

Thankfully Newt stepped into the loop from the rope she yanked him up to the branch where he clung to it for dear life.

The Griever had no clue where Newt had went and kept searching.

Thankfully Newt never saw her, but she continued to watch him carefully.

As the night went on Newt had fallen asleep. She could tell he was cold, so she quietly carried him into her tree fort.

She may be small, but she is strong for a girl.

He was so adorable and just so peaceful, she placed him down carefully and laid the blanket on him.

She slowly laid under the blanket too and stroked the hair on his forehead gently.

She wanted to keep him warm, to keep him safe and keep him at this peaceful moment.

She had noticed he stopped shaking and his breathing became steady.

He was so peaceful looking she didn't want to ever lose this moment.

She knew she had put her life in danger, letting him see her, but she couldn't help it.

She was drawn to him and she hoped he'd be drawn back to her.