The Fight

Maddie's POV

She needed to get the book, the book that would trap the shadow figure, the book that could help them get out of this horrid place.

"Madison what is going through that head of yours?" Minho spoke, getting her out of her thoughts.

"The book, we need it." She looked at Minho.

"What for? We can't even go in there or Thomas will kill us before the shadow demon even has a chance." Minho exclaimed, motioning to Thomas who was talking to Newt and Aris.

Maddie sighed and shrugged.

"There has to be a way, we need that book." She looked at the door then at Minho.

"Were supposed to fight WICKED the most manipulating, strongest, scariest people ever, and we can't even fight a shadow." Minho laughed slightly and looked at Thomas.

"Wait that's it." Maddie shot up, looking wide-eyed.

If you could see a lightbulb over her head at the exact moment there would be one there, everything clicked together all at once.

"This isn't real, don't you get it?" Maddie looked at all of them, her hands motioning to everything.

"The shadow figure isn't real, all of this, the fear everything, it isn't real, this is all WICKEDS plan." Maddie clenched her fists in anger.

"Oh my shuck, they thought they could manipulate us." Thomas looked at Newt who looked at Aris.

Aris stood there completley confused, poor little kid had no clue what was really going on.

Minho looked at everyone, trying to see what Maddie had meant.

"What do you mean this isn't real, were standing in our dorm room." Minho crossed his arms, not too sure of what was really happening also.

Maddie sighed and looked at everyone once again.

"This isn't real, none of it is, this is all in our minds, like a dream." She explained, pointing to a few things.

"So you're saying, were having a dream inside a dream, thinking this is real?" Thomas questioned, an eyebrow raised.

"Exactly, WICKED was using the shadow figure to scare us, to make us more vulnerable to take over, to take over us." Maddie ran her fingers through her hair, now that she said it, everyone was wide-eyed, it did make sense.

"They were putting us in a position where they knew we would be vulnerable, they knew we were afraid of what could happen." Newt spoke, wide-eyed also.

"So this is all in our heads, this isn't real at all?" Thomas questioned, looking at Minho.

"Just think about it, do you ever remember actually waking up?" Maddie whispered, looking at them.

It then hit them, did they actually ever wake up?

Or was it their minds waking up before their entire body?

Maddie began to grab her hair, shutting her eyes.

"Wake up Madison, this isn't real, this is just a dream." She spoke, everyone looked at her and began to do the same thing.

"Wake up, wake up, WAKE UP." She screamed, squeezing her eyes tighter and her hands tighter, gripping her hair.

All of a sudden she shot up, gasping for breath as did everyone else in the room.

They were all shaking and sweaty, breathing heavy.

"Did we all have the same shucking nightmare?" Minho exclaimed, looking at everyone.

Everyone nodded and looked at eachother.

"If WICKED can get into our dreams, they can do anything." Newt spoke up, hugging Maddie.

"We need to fight them, somehow, we need to." Thomas breathed out, as Minho hugged him.

"If they can get into our minds, why don't we get into theirs?" Aris spoke up for the first time in forever.

"Aris... That's actually an excellent idea." Maddie smiled, making him smile.

WICKED won't know what hit them.