Loosing My Mind?

Maddie's POV

Beth was dead.

That's all that went through her head.

It's what had to be done, at least that's what her mind told her.

She was laying next to Newt who had his arms wrapped around her.

Aris was laying in his bunk cuddled next to a pillow.

Thomas and Minho were laying in their bunk together.

Maddie turned to look at Newt, nuzzling her face into his neck making him smile.

"Maddie." Newt murmured, kissing her forehead.

"Mmmphhmm." Maddie murmured, pulling him closer to her body.

He chuckled and rested his forehead against hers.

She peaked open one of her eyes and smiled at him, pressing her lips gently against his.

He kissed her back, holding her as close as possible.

"Can you guys stop sucking face for just five seconds?" Minho grumbled and Thomas laughed.

"Nope!" Maddie smirked, popping the 'p.'

Minho just huffed but sat up, making Thomas sit with him.

"We actually have to get up today you shanks, so get ready." Minho grumbled, running his fingers through his hair.

Newt and Maddie got down from their bunks, going into little places to change, eventually everyone was ready, except Aris.

Maddie walked over to him and sat beside his bunk.

"Hey Aris, you gotta get ready." She spoke gently, watching the boy as he sat up, looking at her.

"Why? So they can kill me too?" He questioned, making Maddie look at him confused.

"Who is they?" She questioned, making him look at her suspicously.

"Group B you dumbass." He grumbled and stood up.

Maddie just stood there, in shock.

She was about to speak when someone knocked on their room door.

"Time to go, meet me in the main area." It was that guy, Ratman or whatever.

"Lets go." Minho nodded, opening the door.

They all walked down the hallway, to the main area where Ratman stood, along with a few guards.

"We've decided to give you all your memories back." He began, making sure everyone was paying attention.

"No." Mino protested, shaking his head.

"I don't trust you, do you really think I'm gonna let you put me under some machine and "give me my memories back?" He questioned accusingly.

"Now now, I know we haven't been on the right foot since you all got here, but we need you all to do this." He explained, but then another door opened.

Out came Group B, they looked at all of Group A, their faces stern against them.

"Good, now that we're all here, let's begin." Ratman concluded.

"I'm not doing that." Maddie protested along with Thomas and Newt and Minho.

Girls from Group B also protested, but a few wanted to get it done.

"Fine, we'll make a deal, the people that want to get it done will, but for the people who don't, won't have to, yet." He added, looking at everyone.

'You need to do it.' A voice in her head spoke.

'Get your memories back.' It spoke again.

Maddie stood there, a blank expression on her face.

She looked at Ratman, a small grin on his face started to form.

Thomas and Aris looked at eachother then at Maddie, their eyes wide and full of fear.

"Newt." Thomas whispered and he looked over at him.

"What?" Newt questioned, whispering back.

"Somethings happening, something bad." He whisper shouted and Newt looked at him confused.

"Like what?" He questioned again, looking at Thomas who had a worried expression.

"Something is taking over Maddie." He motioned towards her, her face expression blank.

'You know you were a mistake.' The voice spoke again.

'But here you are, so do your part.' That voice spoke once again.

'And do your mission.' It spoke, once more then disapeared.

Maddie shut her eyes, taking deep breaths.

"Maddie, are you alright?" Thomas and Newt questioned, looking at her.

"Yes, I'm fine why?" She questioned, looking at them confused.

"Because you're acting different." Thomas concluded and she just shrugged.

"I feel fine, why what happened?" Honestly, all she remember was a voice in her head, telling her to complete some mission, but she didn't know what it meant.

But apparently Thomas heard it too, that's why he was questioning her.

"I know a voice is trying to get into your head, to take over, but you gotta fight against it." Thomas spoke carefully, hoping she'd understand.

"You heard it too?" She whispered, her eyes somewhat wide.

"Yes, I did." He nodded, making Newt hold her tight.

"You'll be okay, I promise." Newt looked at her, his eyes begining to blur with tears.

She nodded and hugged him tight, looking at Thomas and Aris with worry.

"We will protect you Maddie, we promise." Thomas spoke sternly, nodding his head.

If only he was right.