The Switch

Aris's POV

Tonight was the switch.

He was to switch with Group A with a girl named Madison aka Maddie.

He wasn't really up for the job, but all the girls wanted him to do this.

Mainly for information, to kill Thomas and maybe Maddie in the process.

It was about 2:30am, this was the time, the moment.

"Go hurry!" Rachel whisper shouted at him, moving her hands in a shooing way.

He grumbled and stood up, taking some of his belongings since he'd have to stay with them for about a day.

Each room was locked with a key, mainly for security reasons.

He slowly opened the door from Group B's room and snuck out into the hallway.

"Keep the door open." He whispered loud enough for them to hear and they nodded.

He quietly snuck down the hall towards Group A's room.

He grabbed the key and slowly unlocked the door trying to be as quiet as he could.

He walked inside, still holding the door open.

His eyes widened a bit as he entered, there were four people in this room.

Except three were asleep, Maddie wasn't.

She was slowly crawling out of one of the bunks with a boy.

He watched her carefully, she must be trying to go to the bathroom.

This was his shot, his chance was now.

He unraveled some tape and ripped it off quietly, she was turned around.

'This is your chance Aris.' He thought to himself.

He quietly walked up behind her, he had grabbed something heavy enough to knock her out.

Quietly, he lifted the object, striking Maddie in the head, she made no sound except falling to the floor unconcious.

He put the tape over her mouth and started to drag her out of the room.

He slowly and carefully dragged her down the hallway to Group B's room.

He didn't want to injure her anymore than she already was from where he hit her.

He felt somewhat bad he had to do this to her, but it was his job.

The girls in Group B opened the door wider for him to pull her in as he did so.

"Be good to her, I had to hit her in the head because she was awake when I entered their room." He spoke quietly and the girls nodded.

"Thanks Aris, good luck." Rachel smiled and the rest of the girls gave him a thumbs up.

He quietly left the room and went back to Group A's, locking the door before he shut it.

He climbed into a bed that wasn't being used and tried his best to fall asleep.

Maddie however was unconcious.

"How do we wake her up?" Rachel questioned, looking at her laying on the floor.

"Her head is bleeding from where he hit her, we have to help her." Beth looked her over and grabbed a few bandages.

The girls soon fixed Maddie up and laid her in a bed, they put a wet cloth on her head.

They all sat there, waiting for her to wake up.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, she removed the wet cloth from her head and instantly shot up.

She looked at all the girls, fear rising in her body.

"It's okay we won't hurt you." Rachel spoke, trying to calm her down.

"How did I get here?" Maddie spoke up, feeling her head as pain shot through.

"We swapped you with one of our roomates." Beth spoke up looking at her.

"You're Group B correct?" Maddie questioned, eyeing all of them.

"Yes, yes we are." Another girl nodded and looked at her.

"Which one of you is Beth?" Maddie questioned, causing the girls to go wide eyed.

"How do you know our names?" Rachel questioned and Beth sat there nervously.

"I don't need to explain myself to you." Maddie growled, which caused the girls to scoot closer together.

"Now which one of you, is Beth." She crossed her arms and looked at them.

"Why do you need to know so bad." Beth questioned, nervously looking at Maddie.

Maddie looked at her, studying her features, mainly everything about her.

"So it's you huh?" She smiled and crossed her arms again.

"What?" Rachel questioned and looked at Maddie.

"That right there, is Beth." She pointed at Beth and her eyes went wide.

"And if I'm correct you are Rachel, right?" Maddie smirked slightly which caught them all off guard.

"Okay Madison, how do you know all of us?" Rachel questioned, suspision rising.

"I know a lot more than you shanks do." She grumbled and they looked at her in confusion.

"What's a shank?" Beth spoke up, her face full of confusion.

Maddie just sighed and shook her head.

"Glader slang." She shrugged casually.

"So besides you knowing us, what else do you know?" Rachel piped up.

"Why should I be telling you anything? You kidnapped me!" Maddie yelled which caused the girls to flinch.

"You." She pointed at Beth.

"Watch yourself, you aren't even supposed to be here like me." She grumbled, looking down.

"Wh-what!?" Beth squeaked, looking at her friends worringly.

"What do you mean by that?" Rachel questioned, fear all over her face.

"Beth is supposed to be dead, same with me, and Thomas and a few others." Maddie explained.

"Except the creators were so surprised by how this outcome of people survived they let us live." She shrugged and looked at them.

Everyone looked at eachother, stunned.

"Where's the boy?" Maddie questioned looking at them.

"Aris." She nodded and looked at the beds.

"He was the one we switched you with." Beth spoke, causing Maddie to groan.

"You guys have no idea how bad this is." She laughed slightly and covered her face.

"Why are you laughing, if it's supposed to be so bad?" A girl questioned, making Maddie look at her.

"They might kill Aris for thinking he killed me." She replied, as everyones faces froze.

They just put Aris into a death trap, as if this was all planned.