Betrayed

Newt's POV.

Everyone was shouting, trying to stop the fight that was currently in process.

Newt grabbed Maddie and pulled her back, one so he could keep her from killing Thomas, two so she wouldn't get killed by Thomas, and three so he could keep her safe from everything.

Maddie struggled in Newt's grasp he had on her but eventually relaxed in his arms.

He could sense she finally was calming down, but Thomas on the other hand, wasn't. He was lashing and nearly trying to attack the others to get to her.

"Thomas, good lord calm down!" Minho yelled, trying to pin his arms down. That only made Thomas more furious and more full of rage.

Gally was getting seriously pissed off by now, he was taking it slow in the begining but now it was just getting old.

"Look Greenie, we don't like fights here, especially now with a girl." Gally spoke, his voice harsh. "You need to get your act together." He growled.

Thomas looked at Gally and took a deep breath, as much as he wanted to punch him in the face, he was right. He slowly calmed down, looking at Maddie and Newt.

Thomas watched Newt carefully, he didn't like the way he was holding her. Newt could sense something still was off but he didn't want to risk him hurting her.

"Now lets all go back and sit down and talk about what were gonna do now that she is here." Minho suggested.

They all walked back to where there was a camp fire going.

Maddie was still close with Newt who was watching Thomas. Minho could tell something was just flat out off about them three.

"Would someone like to tell all of us what in the hell happened?" Minho spoke up, he was tired of sitting in silence.

Thomas grumbled something unbearable to hear.

Maddie shifted around, resulting Newt to hold onto her tighter.

Newt became very over protective of Maddie, which wasn't a bad thing.

Thomas soon began to speak, "Maddie and I lived in the same area before we came here.." He sighed.

"Then one day, she just dissapeared and three years later, here we both are." Thomas looked at Minho and the others.

Maddie looked uncomfrontable, that wasn't the point at all of why she left.

"There's more to it than that Thomas." She sighed.

"I left to protect you, to protect you from coming here." She looked at him. "I just wanted to keep you safe." She looked down.

Thomas looked around as everyone watched in awe. They didn't know what to say or what to do in that matter.

Maddie looked back up, seeing everyone now uncomfrontable. "I'm just gonna leave.. and let you guys talk.." She squeezed Newt's hand to let go of her.

Newt was very causious of letting her go again.

Maddie stood up and grabbed a water bottle and began to walk off into the forest.

All she could think about was how stupid she was for getting into their lives. All she did was ruin perfect moments and friendships.

What was the point of even being here?

Slowly Maddie began to cry, she didn't know what to do.

Thomas hated her and everyone else probably would too.

Maddie was slowly falling into depression, she didn't want to live anymore, not if all she did was cause people misery.

That's all it took, to send her over.