The Truth Hurts

Thomas's POV

About three days had passed and everything was the same, the same rountine everyday.

Maddie and Newt were both slowly going insane, and slowly dying.

"There has to be a cure somewhere!" Thomas cried out, looking at them all.

"If there was, where would they hide it in a physco place like this?" Minho questioned, looking at Thomas.

"I may know an area." Maddie spoke up, she looked at Newt who looked at her lovingly.

"Lead the way." Newt mumbled, intertwining their fingers together.

Maddie nodded and opened the door to their room, walking out into the hall.

They all walked down the hall, taking a right, then a left then another right until they met a door.

"Is this it?" Minho questioned, looking at everyone.

"I think so." Newt answered before anyone else could.

"You need a key to get inside." Maddie spoke up, studying the door.

She began to look at it more closely and realized they already had the key.

"Thomas please tell me you still have your key." Maddie begged, looking at her older brother.

Thomas shuffled around with his pockets ti'll he brought out his key and gave it to her.

She swiftly put it in the lock and slowly opened the door, hoping not to make any sounds.

They all began to walk in until they met a horrifying seen.

People were everywhere, except, they wern't alive.

They all looked like they had been either shot or strangled to death.

But why?

What were they doing that got all of them killed?

Wern't they sent here for a reason to help everyone live or die to escape?

There was obviously a reason why they were now dead, but there's still that question.

What did they know that nobody else wanted to let out to everyone?

Thomas and Minho walked to one side of the room, looking for any sign of a cure, as Maddie and Newt wandered the other half.

They searched for about an hour ti'll Thomas stumbled upon something that caught his eye.

'Vaccine.' Is what it said on the bottle.

It was a small bottle, maybe they were still testing it?

Who knows, Thomas didn't care, he just wanted to save his sister and best friend.

"You both need to drink half of this." Thomas demanded and handed the bottle to Maddie first.

Maddie held the bottle and looked at it carefully.

"How do you know this is safe Thomas?" She questioned, looking at him worriedly.

"Just try it... Please.." He cried, giving her a pleading look.

Maddie let out a sigh and slowly drank half of the vaccine, then gave the rest to Newt.

They both stood there, waiting to see if anything would happen.

"Well at least you know it wasn't posioned." Minho spoke up, pointing out the obvious.

"No duh shank." Maddie huffed, crossing her arms.

Thomas watched them carefully, making sure nothing were to happen unexpectedly.

"Lets go back to the room, I think you two need to rest." Thomas suggested.

They all nodded and started to walk back to their room.

Thomas couldn't help but wonder.

Did he find a cure?

Would his sister and best friend going to live now?

Would Newt and Maddie not turn into some flesh eatting creatures?

All this was going through Thomas's head, they had made it back to their room and they all went to their bunks.

Aris noticed them come back and greeted them, he still hadn't gone back to Group B, mainly because he had killed one of their friends.

They all laid down in their bunks, slowly falling asleep.

Thomas on the other hand, stayed awake, he couldn't sleep, not knowing if they'd be okay.

Minho pulled him closer and told him everything would be alright which made Thomas relax a bit, slowly shutting his eyes.

He started out in a dream, but it felt so real.

"You thought you could stop me?" Maddie laughed, crossing her arms.

Thomas stood there dumbfounded, looking at his sister.

"Stop you from what? I was trying to save you! Save your life actually!" Thomas exclaimed, looking at her.

"You don't know what you did, do you?" She questioned, a slight smirk on her lips as she looked at her clueless older brother.

"I thought I was helping you." Thomas protested, his voice sounding weaker by the minute.

"What you really should do," She spoke, looking at Thomas.

"Is worry more about Minho, Aris, Newt and yourself." Maddie spoke, looking at him.

"B-But what about you!" Thomas cried out, tears falling down his face.

"Oh Thomas, I'm already dead." Maddie smiled, and then walked off.

That was the last thing Thomas remembered until he fell into a deep sleep.