The Shadow Figure

Newt's POV

Everyone remembered the shadow figure.

How could you not?

It haunted all their minds since the day it happened.

That was one thing the creators couldn't wipe from their brains, that horrifying day.

Was there a reason why they left that for them to remember?

Was that a clue showing that they were going to make it this far?

Newt shook Thomas, hoping he'd open his eyes and wake up.

Maddie sat beside Thomas, trying her hardest not to cry.

And Minho stood beside Newt, his expression unable to read.

"Thomas, buddy wake up." Newt shook him and looked at Maddie.

She held Thomas's hand and looked down at him.

Suddenly Thomas's eyes opened, he sat up quickly, breathing heavy and sweating.

Thomas saw Maddie and instantly pulled her into his arms, hugging her tight.

"That shadow, he's in that room, we can't go in there." Thomas spoke, his voice shakey.

"How do you know?" Minho questioned, looking at Thomas then at the hidden room.

"I saw it." Thomas whispered, his eyes wide.

"It's waiting, waiting for us all to go in there." Thomas cringed at the thought.

"What will it do?" Maddie questioned, looking at her brother then at Newt and Minho.

"It wants revenge, revenge for keeping it locked up in there for when we ran out." Thomas sighed, relaxing a bit.

"Well how else do we get out of here?" Minho groaned, looking at the hidden door.

"We have to fight our way out." Thomas looked at his boyfriend.

"You mean fight WICKED?" Newt questioned, looking at Thomas wide-eyed.

"Yes." Thomas nodded, sighing.

Maddie groaned and laid beside her brother.

"What do we do about the shadow figure though? It's going to follow us." Maddie shivered and looked at Newt.

"We have to fight it also." Thomas concluded.

"How do you fight a shucking shadow figure?" Minho exclaimed, looking at Thomas like he was crazy.

"The book. The book that we saw that day, the book that made all those noises." Thomas spoke, nodding.

"What will the book do?" Newt questioned.

"It will capture the figure, and keep it there forever unless someone else opens it." Thomas sighed, laying his head down.

"Then lets do this." Maddie sat up, grabbing a flashlight and walking to the door.

Thomas shot up and grabbed Maddie before she could enter.

"You can't just go in there." He exclaimed.

"Why not?" She questioned, looking at him and Newt and Minho.

"It's expecting you to do that, outsmart it." Thomas whispered.

She looked at all the boys and then it hit her.

"The shadow figure wants you to be scared when you enter the room.

It wants to put fear into your head and make you nervous and worry about what could happen.

But if you don't think that way, and make yourself stronger and powerful.

It makes the shadow weaker.

"Everyone get ready, we have a fight to win." Thomas spoke, he had a small grin on his face.

"But not just one." Maddie added, smiling at Newt and Minho.

"Two?" Newt questioned.

"What's the other?" Minho looked at everyone.

"The shadow figure and WICKED." Thomas nodded, grabbing his flashlight.

This means war.