Explore

Madison's POV

She had a bad feeling, as if someone found out information they wern't supposed to know.

She could sense someone knew something she did, which wasn't okay. All her thoughts were kept to herself, not even Newt knew anything.

Maddie knew about the lab coat people, the maze, why everyone is in here, but she didn't know why herself and Thomas got put in the Maze.

***

"We need all the boys in the other room now." The lady called to Maddie.

"Alright I'll bring them in." She replied, opening the door and saying each name and making them follow her to the next room.

That was the room that opened to the maze, they started out in a big group, wiping away their memory and sending them all down in the box.

She came back into the room and the lab coat people nodded and chatted then ordered her and Thomas go find more information.

Her and Thomas didn't know eachother very well at the time, but they knew enough.

"When do you think we'll stop having to do this?" Maddie sighed, searching through some papers.

"I don't know, but it's getting tiring, I still have to create some parts." Thomas groaned as he also searched through papers.

They were trying to find information about the Grievers and who they had to set them up for main targets to kill.

About two years later, Thomas and Maddie grew up, as did the people in the Glade.

Thomas and Maddie watched them, made sure they couldn't escape the maze, at least not yet.

They both wrote down notes, watching and making mental pictures.

That is, ti'll something tragic happened.

Maddie tried to shout and get help but it was no use, she had her memory wiped and was forced into the box and sent to the maze.

A few years after Maddie was sent, the same thing happened to Thomas.

That's how it all started.

***

"I really need to talk to Maddie about this before the Gathering." Thomas spoke carefully to Newt.

"I guess.. But don't force anything on her alright?" Newt spoke sternly.

"I'm not afraid to beat the klunk out of ya." Newt explained, raising an eyebrow at Thomas to get his point across.

Thomas nodded and put his hands up in defeat and went off to search for Maddie.

He soon found her sitting underneathe a tree and he carefully sat down beside her.

"Hey Maddie.." Thomas spoke softly.

"Hey Thomas." She spoke back, she could tell something was off.

"We're having a gathering today.." He began.

"Oh really? About what?" Maddie questioned, she didn't know about the sudden Gathering.

"Yeah.. That's what I'm here to talk to you about, you see-" he was about to say more when she cut him off.

She quickly covered his mouth and pushed him against the tree.

"What the shuck do you know." She shot at him, her eyes cold and hard.

"I knew someone knew something, but I wasn't sure on the person at the time, but now it makes sense." She muttered.

She looked at Thomas who was a bit frightened, she slowly released her hand and sat back down, but watching him suspicously.

"What do you remember?" She questioned.

He explained his dream and the lab coat people, the kids, and the maze.

Maddie sat there, dumbfounded.

"So you remember only those parts, not the rest?" She asked again and Thomas shook his head no.

She covered her face and groaned. "You and I are not supposed to be here, someone pushed us into the box, on purpose." She spoke calmly.

Thomas looked at her, somewhat shocked, but then the memory came into his head and his eyes widened at the memory.

"If they find a way out of here, we both die." Maddie spoke, her words so light and soft you could barely hear them.

That's when Thomas stood up, and took her to Newt, she quickly grabbed him and pulled him into a hug and smiled at him.

Thomas only rolled his eyes and waited for Newt to call the rest of the Gladers and get Alby to hold the gathering.

Except this was a different type of Gathering, this was life and death, hanging on the line.