Brother and Sister

Maddie's POV

She knew she was going insane, but they had taken what Thomas said was the cure.

Was it really?

Yes she wasn't feeling as crazy as usual, she wasn't bouncing off the walls and trying to attack people.

She noticed Newt had calmed down also, maybe the cure did work.

Maddie looked over at Thomas who looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Thomas, what's wrong?" Maddie questioned, getting up and walking to him.

"J-Just a bad dream." He stammered, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Thomas, look at me." She demanded and grabbed his hand.

He slowly made eye contact with her, realizing she was a lot better.

"Are you feeling better?" His voice rose a bit with happiness.

"Yes, I am actually." She smiled, giving him a hug.

"I meant to ask you, can we have some time together today?" She questioned, looking at him.

"Like bonding?" He chuckled, giving her a tight hug.

"Yes, brother sister bonding." She laughed, hugging back tight.

Thomas nodded in agreement and told the others they were going to go on a walk.

They went outside to where the sun shone brightly everywhere.

It was weird to think that the sun scorched the entire world, killing everyone, but them.

What made the maze different than everything else?

Why didn't the sun scorch the maze as it did everything else?

What was so special about these places that people lived through all of it?

Thomas looked at Maddie, noticing she was in deep thought.

"What ya thinkin' about?" He questioned, still walking beside her.

"Just about.. All of this." She motioned towards everything around them.

"What makes this place and the maze and everything else so special?" She questioned, making Thomas think also.

She had a point, why was this place and the maze different?

"Honestly Maddie, I'm not sure." He sighed and scratched his head.

"I'm not sure why we were chosen, why our friends were chosen, why we were brainwashed, why we were put in the maze, why these places are so special." He let out a long breath and looked at her.

She shrugged and looked around.

"What if I had never found that box?" She spoke up again.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, looking at her with a confused expression.

"If I hadn't found that box, I wouldn't have figured out so much stuff about our pasts." She sighed, running her fingers through her hair.

"True, but maybe you found it for a reason, a sign maybe?" He questioned out loud.

"What if you had never found that cure.." She spoke up, looking down at the sand.

"Maddie.." Thomas mumbled, looking at his sister.

"I would of gone insane, I might still be going insane." She looked at him, a sad expression taking over.

"Don't say that." Thomas looked at her and gave her a side hug.

Maddie only sighed, but then something caught her eye.

"What's that over there?" She questioned, pointing to some building a bit ahead.

"I don't know, but I don't think we should find out." Thomas held her tigher knowing she would try to anyways.

"Thomas.. I've been there.. I've been in that building." She whispered, looking at the abandoned place.

****

"Why am I here, let me out!" She screamed, but nobody came.

She was in a room, no windows, just machines and her strapped to a seat.

"I want to go home and be with my family!" She yelled, she was starting to cry.

"Now now, don't be a baby Maddie." A man spoke up, he was dressed in a doctors uniform.

"Why am I here? Why do you need me!" She screamed at him.

"You're a big piece in what's to become, that's why." He replied back, grabbing a needle.

"This may hurt." He pushed the needle into her skin, making her flinch.

That was the last thing she remembered, ever.

****

"Someone kidnapped me and put something in me there Thomas." Maddie whispered, tears falling down her face.

Thomas pulled her into a hug, comforting her.

"I'm a part of this place." She whispered, grabbing his shirt with her hands.

"No you're not Maddie, you're like us." Thomas protested, looking down at her.

"You don't know who I truely am Thomas." Maddie looked at him sadly.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, looking at her.

"I designed this place." She whispered, then pulled a necklace out of her pocket.

It had a picture on it.

A sun.