Pilot

Summer thankfully, had just begun. I was ready to chill at the beach, get tan lines, finally relax and not care about school. Last summer before I'm a senior, last summer before I have to make the most important decisions of my life, the decisions in which will decide my future.

"Mom I'm heading out!" I shouted grabbing my puppy, Bella, a cockapoo. I quickly tie my brown hair into a high ponytail.

My mom rushed into the living room, "Before you leave I need to talk to you."

My palms became sweaty-last, time she said,  'I need to talk to you' was when she had to tell me my dad died. Those six words scared me.

"What is it?" I trembled.

My mom grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze,"I assure you it's nothing bad. It's just that-David and I will be going to Bali, I can trust you but I would feel better if you stayed with someone while we were on our vacation."

"Okay, how long would you be staying, a week, a weekend?"

"The whole summer. Maybe even a month or two after you start school." My mom bit her lip.

"The whole summer!" I stood up.

"Yes."

"Who would I be staying with?" I asked. "Harper?"

"No, the Millers." My mom quietly said, but it wasn't quiet enough for me to not hear.

"You're making me stay with someone I don't even know while I've known Harper basically my whole entire life!" With that, I left getting into my black Jeep with Bella.

I clutched the steering wheel as I drove to Harpers house which wasn't far. I pulled up to her house and my beautiful best friend came running out with that same smile she wore every day on her face, no matter what. Harper wore a red bikini which went well with her skin, while she wore her bikini, her golden blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail.

"Hey Madelyn." Harper greeted.

"Greetings Harper." I begin to start the car.

"How are you on this lovely day?" Harper asked while petting Bella.

"Well my mom is going on a trip with her stupid boyfriend David. And it's stressing m-"

"Stop talking, I heard the word stress and it's summer and not once this summer do I  want to hear that word," Harper demanded.

"Sorry," I chuckle.

I pulled into the parking of the beach and got out. I grabbed my towel, and Bella. Harper and I walked to the sand. I laid my towel on the sand as so did Harper.

"Ah finally, relaxation." Harper let out a sigh of relief.

"I know right." I begin to apply sunscreen to my body.

"That guy over there is so checking you out." Harper pointed.

I tipped my sun glasses to see what Harper was pointing at. A brown hair boy looked away, and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm pretty sure he is checking you out." I poked Harpers side. "Besides I'm happy dating Thomas."

"Thomas is so two years ago." Harper scoffed.

"I'm pretty sure I can say the same for you and Wyatt." I rolled my eyes. "And here they come now."

Thomas and Wyatt come running towards Harper and I, with their German Shepard Duke.

"Hey babe." Thomas leaned over me and kissed me.

"Hey." I smile and kiss him back.

Thomas sits by me, wrapping his arm around me.