Princess

The car ride back was too long for my liking, the unknown number freaked me out. I was glad to be going back although I liked spending time with Miles.

Sitting in my room I stared at my phone from afar, it was way across my room, far away from me. I didn't want to touch it, or anything! I stare down at my ring, I should tell Miles, right? Be honest about what really happened to my dad, about the message.

A ping from my phone brings me out of my mind, I slowly walk up to it with my heart picking up its pace. I reach for it and sigh with relief as it was my grandma.

Grandma:

You and Miles wanna come over tonight for dinner?

Madelyn:

Yeah, let me ask him

I walk out of my room and downstairs where he was on the couch, "Hey my grandma invited us over for dinner. Do you wanna go?"

"Yeah sure," I watch him bite his lip as he focuses on the game.

"Okay," I silently walk back upstairs to my room. After texting my grandma back that we would be over at 6, I stared out my window.

Who the hell is watching me?

Another ping goes off this time, it wasn't from my grandma.

Unknown:

What's on your mind princess?

I look outside and across the street a gray car, I run out of my room as fast as I can. I hear my name being called out but I didn't stop nor did I look back. Getting out on the street I watch the gray drive away, shit.

"What the hell was that Usain Bolt," Miles folds his arms. "You didn't even look both ways before crossing."

"I-I'm Sorry," I look away from Miles.

Miles tilts my chin up to look at him, "Hey it's okay, just be more careful next time." He wraps his arm around my waist to hug me.

I feel another vibration in my back pocket, I shut my eyes and hug Miles tighter than I ever had before.

"C'mon Madelyn I don't wanna be late, it'll be a bad impression on her," Miles groans as he sits on my bed.

"I'm almost done," I finish apply one more coat of lipgloss. "There, happy." I grab my jacket walking out of my room.

"I am happy because now we can go, and you look beautiful might I add," Miles says.

My cheeks turn a shade of red, "You don't look too bad yourself, might I add."

The drive was quiet, peaceful, but of course it would have to ruined by that stupid gray car.

"Pull over at the next grocery store I have to pee," I say looking into the rearview mirror. There's two guys.

"We are almost at your grandmas, can you hold it?" Miles looks down at me in confusion.

"No it's an emergency, I'm gonna pee my pants," I try not to make it myself sound scared and urgent.

"Uh okay," he pulls into some family grocery and I get out as quickly as I can.

"You can stay here, I'll be back in a few minutes." I slam the car door, I can just feel the burning holes of eyes on me. I walk into the store feeling some sort of weight lift off my chest knowing at least now I was in a public place. I walk to the restroom, maybe I'm just being paranoid, a little over dramatic. But with the messages, the car, maybe I'm not...