Elephant in the Room

I walk into my room and lock to door. I open my window and sit on the ground. I stare outside as questions flood my head. Why? Britain? The phone call? Every little thing bothered me of how he wouldn't tell me what happened. Maybe I'm the problem. Of course I am, he doesn't want some messed up girl in the head who got cheated on and somewhat left by her mother.

I go into my bathroom, I take off all my clothes except my bra and underwear. I stare at my love handles, the little cellulite by my butt. Was it my body that made Thomas cheat? I thought I was pretty, I thought I had a normal body. Was I just unable to know things?  A tear slips from my eyes.
"Madelyn?" A soft voice ask ripping my away from my thoughts.

"Yes," I squeak trying to make it sound like my voice wasn't breaking.

"It's Luke." I start putting on my clothes and I open the door.

Luke stands leaning against the doorway. "What do you need Luke?"

"You ran out during dinner, just wanted to check in on you," Luke shoves his hands in his pockets.

Miles didn't...

"Miles told me to, he's being chewed out by my dad at the moment. So why did you run out?" I sigh of relief knowing that Miles did think about me, I have to stop jumping to conclusions.

"Just wasn't feeling good," I flip onto my bed.

"Oh yeah okay Madelyn," Luke sarcastically rolls his eyes.

"Fine," I cross my arms,"Tell me why Miles left for Britain."

Luke shrugs,"I honestly don't know, he didn't tell me or Dylan. He's a reserved person."

"Yeah so I've seen," I scoff.

"If you want to know why not ask?"

"I don't want to stick my nose in his business."

"Oh please you're practically his business, you and fighting," Luke chuckles. "You know, Miles didn't tell Dylan or I he was fighting till last year. He's been fighting for two or three years. If you want to know his business I suggest you get answer before having to wait two-three years."

"But how do I ask?"

"You just ask."

I bring my knees to my body, I watch closely as Miles fiddles with his phone. He hasn't said anything since he's been in my room, I watch as he text somebody, I seriously try not to look but I just want to.

I bite my lip, "Are we going to ignore the elephant in the room?"

Miles looks back at me, "Who, you?" Miles smiles.

I send a small smile at his joke but quickly give a deadpanned face.

"What did I do?" Miles ask.

I pull my legs away from my chest and cross my arms,  "Everything."

"What does that mean?" Mikes crawls in between my legs and lays down on my stomach.

"Miles I'm serious," I run my fingers through his hair.

"And I'm being serious aren't I? If you're talking about being serious in our relationship I think I am."

I close my eyes shut, "Britain, whatever upset you today, what is it all about?"

A few seconds goes by, few seconds seems to go by slow, "I have a target on my back, because I fight. Two years ago my mask had came off and everyone knew what I looked like. Because of that everyone I had loved and myself were in danger."

"Why?" I ask.

"Madelyn, I fight for money, people lose their money, they'll get angry at me because I won. I had to leave that ring and I couldn't go back there. I moved to Britain in hopes it would all be forgotten. I heard the rumors, 'I got some girl pregnant'. Better for them to know I'm a guy who fights for money." Miles sits up and brings me close to him. "The phone call from today was from an old lady friend."

My brain jumps to conclusions, my heart drops, I force myself to remove the thoughts that I know might hurt my own feelings.

Miles squeezes my hand, "I promise, I'm not doing anything behind your back. But she did tell me she's pregnant and it would be mine. Its a boy and he's two months..."

I move away from Miles, "You-you got a girl pregnant!" I take a few steps back, "Wait how old is the baby?"

"Two months." Miles responds. "Don't freak out I'm sure it's not mine."

I smile and jump on Miles. "Why are you smiling?"

"You doofus you can only know the gender three months into the pregnancy if the baby is two months and a boy the time frame doesn't a line. Unless you had sex with her a month before." I sit my head up from his chest.

"Oh no way, it was only a one time thing." Miles tries to reassure.

I lift an eyebrow, "Is that what you're going to do with me?"

"Of course not darling," Miles kisses my forehead, "I think you'll be here for a while."