Thursday

"So what occasion will I be dressing for," I ask Miles from my closet.

"Wear something silver," Miles shouts.

By the end of ten minutes my closet looks like a tornado had hit. But I had finally found the one. A silver, mid-thigh, dress with a low cut. The sleeves were sheer and long sleeve. I grab a pair of black pumps and walk out of my closet.

"Wow," Miles eyes shimmer.

My face heats up quickly and turn in the opposite direction of Miles.

"C'mon darling, Harper, Dylan, and Luke are waiting for us," Miles grabs my hand leading me downstairs.

"Woah there hotstuff," Luke whistles.

"He's not wrong," Harper hugs me. She had been staying with us the last few of days to avoid seeing her parents, who were doctors. We didn't want to risk her parents noticing.

"We're going to be late, let's go," Miles squeezes my hands.

Dylan, Luke, and Harper get into a different car.

Miles pulls out two helmets, "Oh no I'm not getting on that death trap."

"Trust me darling, you won't get hurt." Miles holds out the helmet.

I roll my eyes and place the helmet on my head. Miles hops onto his motorcycle and I follow. I wrap my arms around his waist. The engine roars with life and we move. The wind blows against my bare legs making goosebumps run up my body.

I felt free, like I could just let go and be fly.

Ten to fifteen minutes later we had arrived. I wasn't expecting the destination to be an alley. This all felt like a sense of deja vu. I handed my helmet to Miles,
I saw the blonde hair of Harper and was about to run up to her but Miles grabbed my hand.

"Put this on," Miles passes me a sliver eye mask.

I give Miles a salty look, Mikes takes out the same looking one, he places it over his face, damn did he look handsome.

"Mind explaining why?" I cross my arms.

"It's to hide your identity," Miles nonchalantly says.

"What the hell!" I semi-yell.

"Madelyn keep it down," Miles holds my hand, he presses his forehead against mine, "Trust me please."

I unwrap his hand from mine and place on the mask, "Let's do this."

Miles wraps his arm around my waist guiding me to a back alley opposite from where Harper, Luke, and Dylan went from.

"Oi Silver, another fight eh?" A tall, broad man ask Miles. His eyes dart towards me, "And I've seen you've brought your girl." He sends a small grin, "I'm Drew, and you are? Well besides beautiful."

I smile, "M-"

"My girlfriend," Miles steps in.

Girlfriend? Girlfriend? Girl Friend? Girl space friend? Which 'girl friend ' did he mean? Does he think of me as a girlfriend? Where's Harper when you need her.

"My bad Silver," Drew raises his hands in defense. "I'll let you go, good luck tonight." Drew opens the steel door, Miles walks in leading me into the unknown place.

As we walk in I turn around and Drew winks at me, giving me chills that run up my spine. The pounding music is felt underneath my feet, the stench of sweat was strong. He leads me to a locker room, I sit down on a near by bench near his locker.

"So what is this place? An illegal drug smuggling ring?" I jokingly ask.

"Close," Mikes laughs in all seriousness as he changed into athletic grey shorts. He put on a silver, silk robe, this feels all too familiar.

"You've got to be kidding me," I roll my eyes.

"Promise me, once you see what I do you won't think different about me. This is only a part time job." Miles grabs boxing gloves, I look up at him, it all comes into realization.

"You're a boxer, that place you took me to that's where you box."

"It's a warehouse. I don't fight there I practice there. This is where I fight, for money." Miles holds his breath.

What do I say? I don't even know how to react. Silver, everything, I had talked to him that night I followed Miles. He is Silver.

"Okay," I quietly say.

"Okay? That's all you're going to say?" Miles cocks an eyebrow.

"Just let me process this, you knew it was me that night I first came here, with Harper. " He slowly nods his head.

"Silver!" An unknown voice shouts,

"C'mon lets go we can talk after," I slowly nod and follow close behind Miles. As I walk down the cemented walled hall, I get cat calls.

These people we're illegal fighters, or drug lords. I don't dare try to talk back. I crash into Miles back, he looks over his shoulder and sends me a smile. My knees go weak but I can't lose my cool. I take a deep breath, calm down.

The door opens and a bright light shines down on me. Miles walks and I follow. The chant of 'Silver' rings throughout my ear. Either boo's or his names are yelled throughout this 'underground arena'. In front I see the boxing ring and and huge guy evilly grinning.

It's clear that Miles is slightly shorter, but Miles seems unfazed.

"Tonight, undefeated Silver, and Skull head." The announcer in the middle yells over the microphone.

Miles tosses me his robe, "Hold this please."

I nod, I look back and forth in between 'Skull head' and Silver, "Wait you're fighting him!"

Miles looks down at me from the outside of the ring,"Yeah."

"You're crazy right, he'll crush you like a soda can." I grab onto his arm.

Miles hops down. He looks around and kisses my cheek, " I'll be okay darling."

He hops back up, only Miles was an eye mask in the ring, guess he didn't want his identity to be known. He'd practically have a target on his back.

"Let the fight begin."

I slowly back away from the ring, Harper waves from the first row in the stand next to Dylan and Luke.

"You guys are okay with this?" I ask Dylan and Luke.

"Of course not, but he's our older brother, we can't really stop him. We've tried but he can't get away from it." Dylan says.

I turn back around and watch as Miles throws a few punches towards Skull heads stomach. Skull head seems unfazed by the hit, he walks up and with one punch to the face, Mikes is down.

"No!" I scream, I'm held back by arms around my waist.

"You can't get him, he has to fight it himself," Luke whispers in my ear.

I break away from his grasp and run to the ring. Skull head sees me, he sends me an evil smirk, waltzing up to me. My eyes dart from Skull head to Miles who jumps to his feet. He kicks the back of his knee causing his knees to buckle. Skull head falls to his knees, as Skull head is kicked to his knees, horror flashed through his eyes. All I send back in return is the same evil smirk.

Follow
Vote
Comment