One

"Don't...."

Sette's eyes shot open to Jaehee's voice in the middle of the night. The alarm clock reads 1.10am as she wakes up and walks to her bed at the other side of the room. Lying flat on her back, her nightgown was soaked with sweat.

"Don't leave me"

She whispers as Sette eyes a trail of tears rolling down her cheeks, sadly and slowly. She thumbs her tears away and holds her hands in hers. Her breathing speeds up as though she has been running for a long time. Her chest rises heavily under her breath, and Sette tries to calm her down murmuring a lullaby for her.

It hadn't been the first time this happened. 

Sette's sister, who sette's family had adopted two years back was 21 years old and had never spoken to Sette about her past. Almost every night, Sette has witnessed the torture her dreams bring her. She would cry and continuously groan as if she is possessed by a soul that has lost everything she ever loved and cherished.

As much as Sette wanted her to be happy, she could never, not until this very moment, find a way to put an end to her nightmares. So she tries doing what she could, knowing she brings her some sort of a comfort as she slowly loses herself to sleep once Sette was with her.