Seventeen

Luhan opens the door to the practice room the next day, to find that sweet smile.  

Jaehee beams at him forcing her fast beating heart stop in front of him. She could feel her heart pounding against her skin , but her attempt of disregarding it works nicely.

"Good Morning" She greets. Luhan finds it hard to face her. He walks pass her and keeps his stuff on the table.

"You look like, bad news" She beams as she exclaims, still with clenched fists as she tries to keep herself in control.

"Bad news ?" It makes LuHan smile and he turns back to her.

"Bad news ?" He repeats. "What else do I look like ?" He adds.

"Hmmm" She thinks as her heart skips beats. "I don't know, mysterious?"

"Mysterious ? You mean mysterious mysterious ?"

"Kind of, yeah" She laughs and Luhan finds himself in a loss for words as how amazing this girl was before him. Her smile was gorgeous and she could radiate joy around her. It was just depressing that it took him so long to realize, he had made the wrong choice.

He takes the chair and sits beside her as she pulls herself up and sits on the table. Her legs hanging down from the table.

"Say Happy Birthday" She says. Luhan is confused.

"Say What ?"

"Not 'What' , Say 'Happy Birthday' " She repeats trying to keep her face straight.

"Happy Birthday ?" 

"Thank you and yes, it is my birthday. And I brought cake" She takes a piece of cake in a cup from the back of the speaker on the table.

"Here" She offers it to LuHan and sits back with her piece. With her red floral short dress Luhan finds her being utterly cute.

"How about lunch together ?" Luhan asks. Surprised at himself.

"Lunch ?" She asks , her eyes wide in surprise. " Are you asking me out for lunch ?" She adds again.

"Yes, kind of"

"Today, I am going out with my sister, LuHan" She adds, her heart beating faster than ever. She was not certain if this was meant to be. "What does this mean ? " She asks herself.

"Ah, then, it's okay" Luhan tries to ease the awkwardness by looking away and staying "Let's start practising"

--

"Happy Birthday Noona" Myungsoo brings the cake with a tall single candle on the cake. 

Sette beams wide as she pops up from the back carefully settling the cake on the table. They both sit across Jaehee as she blows on the candle and cuts a piece of cake. Sette holds her on, and takes a couple of pictures before she feeds the cake to her and Myungsoo.

"By the way, stop calling me Noona" Jaehee complains while stuffing myungsoo's mouth with the cake.

After finishing their lunch Sette and Myungsoo get back to their being-cuddly state and Jaehee stays there in awe. She always adored Sette and Myungsoo when they were together. They were being all cuddly and super cute. She loved in when they started fighting over some little things, it was like love was in the air as they called it.

"Hey" She hears someone's voice calling and she looks up.

It takes a moment for her to figure him out through the cap and the black mask but it makes her smile to realise who it was. LuHan smiles back, wider this time. It was a pleasant feeling. When she looked at him. And it didn't tear her up. As if she could see through the mask, she could feel his smile.

"When will I know LuHan ? When will I know who you are ?" She asks mentally. Thousand questions hitting her mind. But for the moment she was setting them behind to widen her smile at him, enjoy the moment where he was not hurting her anymore.