Thirty Eight

Nervous as to if Jaehee had already encountered Eunhwa, and if she had already said anything to her, LuHan stares at the text which said 'I will be there in a minute'. He takes deep breaths every now and then trying to calm himself down.

"Hey" 

She beams and LuHan smiles to how her cheekbones are pulled up all the way to her eyes as she climbs down to where he was.

He is relieved to see no change in her behavior and makes a mental note to see Eunhwa immediately later.

She takes both LuHan's hands into hers as she beams more and more at him.

"I really want a coffee right now, shall we go and get one ?" She asks before when he is about to ask .

"Nope, you stay here, I will go get it" LuHan smiles back at her and walks away to the coffee room.

****

"Why would anyone try to dethrone LuHan ? There is no good coming from that as a rebel against the royalty ?"

Sehun asks after hearing the long story Kris had just explained on why they needed Jaehee to visit Eunhwa's dreams.

Kris takes a deep breath.

"May be it is someone who only doesn't want Luhan to be the next king."

Sehun shakes the head slowly trying to think deeper.

"If LuHan is dethroned, it will be you who would be the king. So it should be someone..." Sehun's train of thoughts is washed with a hint of uneasiness as he remembered how his mother always had said

"She would do anything to make Yifan the next king, Yifan's mother."

"And it is not Yifan's fault. If anything happens in the future, I want you to know, it is not Yifan's fault. "

".... it should be...." Sehun's eyes are turned to him.

"Yes, it should be..." Kris announces. "...her"

"Hyung ?" Sehun calls out rather in worrisome.

Kris pulls his lips up to a thin line as he replies "I need proof, Sehun"

"Will you be okay ?"

Kris chews longer on the gum before a deep breath.

"I think that's all I have to tell you, then" He slightly bows before walking away.

****

Eunhwa drops a creamer to the coffee before walking towards the door of the coffee room to meet those sinful brown eyes she had longed to meet.

LuHan finds himself at a loss of words and he takes a moment.

This girl before him right now, had also given four precious years of her life to him. It was hurting him in all the ways.

"You don't look happy to see me" Luhan clenches his fist to hear the words said. It makes him even sadder to know that the words being spoken were nothing but the truth.

"Euny" He tries to call out for her, barely in a whisper.

"And you didn't look like you despised her, dancing with her on stage" She adds before she turns to face him.

LuHan takes a long breath before asking.

"When did you come ?"

"A week ago" He hears the rush of anger in her voice.

"Alone ?" Another question.

"Why do you care ?" She asks, louder this time as she tries to get him to hear her out.

"Lu..."

"I'm sorry , Euny" He breathes.

As they share a moment staring into each others' eyes, the door opens to the coffee room and LuHan sees the last person in the universe he wanted to see at the moment.

"Jaehee" He speaks out for her.