Fifteen

"You will never win my love" Luhan turned his cold gaze to his princess, only minutes after she was crowned. Rian, who was now the crown princess had grown a passionate love in her own poor heart for the cold, pathetic crown prince since the moment she was introduced him to her.

"You might win the seat of the queen someday, but know that in my heart, my queen is someone else. No matter what you or my parents or anyone would say or think or do, I don't care for anything. You are just a commoner hungry for power, and nothing more." Luhan spat out everything he had imagined about her earning nothing but tears in her big eyes.

Rian sighed long sitting on her so called royal bed trying to ease the tension and send herself to sleep. The words of the prince kept ringing in her head, making her wanna die.

" I ... am not hungry for power. I did not sign up for any of these things. All I know is, from the first moment I saw you, I have always loved you. I was happy, I was happy when I got to know this commoner who has nobody to call her own was gonna be married to you, you that won my heart. I don't know why my fate is playing with me like this. Since the moment I knew I was gonna be married to you, my love for you has grown even wider. Why ? Why were you not quicker to tell me that I can never have a place in your heart ? If you had only told me that, in the first time we met, I wouldn't be hurt this way. I promise I will stay away. I promise I will not meddle with you. I will have my feelings for myself. But treat me like a person. I'm not here because I'm hungry for power but because I was dragged in this palace, and now... now all I know is that I love you" She thought out loud to their traditional wedding picture hanging on the wall. Those were the words she wanted to tell him, but couldn't muster up her courage to do so. Because even for once, she had never ever thought a person could be that cold. Jaein, the sister of the crown prince sighed witnessing how sad Rian was feeling, and how bad her brother was treating her, hearing all that. She took her fast steps to Luhan's room in need of having a word with him.

"Brother is in ?" Jaein questioned the guard at the door to Luhan's chamber.

"Yes, princess." The guard knocked at the door informing Luhan.

Luhan groaned to the pillow before sitting up and asking the guard to send her in. Before she could enter the chamber he could manage to move the glass of water to him and wet his eyes.

"Oh, my pretty little sister. What's bothering you to miss me in the middle of the night?" He welcome the little princess, still rubbing his eyes.

"You were sleeping?" She questioned, as Luhan left the bed and went through one of the pretty heavy bags he had and found a little box red in colour and some letters printed on it, in gold.

"Yes, to be honest. But it's okay, and this is for you." She handed over the little box to her.

"What is..."

"Ah well, it's a pair of pretty earrings. It was a wedding gift from .. I don't know" He laughed out loud and was stopped short by the princess.

"You are not happy with the wedding ?" She asked glaring up at him.

"Well, you know that I already have a person I'm in love with. Jaein." He explained sitting beside her and moving her fingers through her brown locks. 

"Are you worried about me?" He questioned tugging her close to him.

"I'm worried about someone else" She managed to speak before pulling him away and standing up.

" I'm going to sleep. Sorry for bothering you in the middle of the night" She stood up to leave.

"Jaein" Luhan couldn't handle witnessing the first time his sister acting so cold towards him.

"Baby, what's wrong. ? Tell me ..."

" Sleep well." She greeted walking out of the room.

"Did she tell you anything ?" She halted on her steps when Luhan questioned.

"Who?"

"Whoever, I don't even know her name. The princess, the crown princess." He stated.

JaeIn sighed long before replying "Rian, her name is Rian. And no, I didn't get to meet her... yet.... Good Night." With that she walked fast through the doors.

*******

"Are you sure it's her ? It's Rian ?" Jaein puts a line of questions after picking up and settling the connection.

"Luhan ?" She calls out when he kept his silence.

"Take a breath, baby girl. Well, Yeah. It is her. Her hair has been cut short and it has turned a little brown and she is so thinner than she used to be there, but it is her. Confirmed." Luhan explains trying as much as possible to imagine how his princess looked when they were in the planet and comparing that with how she looked now. 

Jaein smiles at how hard he is trying and to see him into her for the first time.

"What's that smile about ?" Luhan questions putting on his own rude looking face, still looking cute as a baby.

"Nothing. Then you can bring her back soon ?" She asks again.

"That will take a little time baby..." Luhan narrows his eyes thinking it thoroughly. Every time someone mentions  bringing her back, his head sends a nervous signal telling him it is not gonna be easy.

"Well, Luhan .." Luhan rolls his eyes to his sister as she starts with it.

"Hm ? What is it ?" He asks curiously.

"I have something to say"

"Hm yeah, go ahead" Luhan says as he settles himself on the couch.

"First tell me this, do you really love Eunhwa ?" She asks and Luhan is confused.

"Eunhwa ? Yeah, I do , what does that has to do with..."

"..and she loves you ?"

"JaeIn...." Luhan's voice is stern.

"I mean, I " Jaein tries to explain herself.

He cuts the call without letting her speak and the tik sound of the communicator sets his mind at ease. 

He reaches for the cabinet and fills a glass with whiskey before dropping an ice cube and settling himself back on the couch. 

He recollects the very moment Eunhwa accepted him. Months of trying to be her man, months of asking her why she wasn't accepting him, had given him the same statement jumping from her mouth 

"I'm honored for the affection your highness pay towards me, but I'm afraid I can go no further than being the primary guard for your highness. Someone who is responsible for your highness' safety, but nothing else.".

Then on this sudden day, when the dawn breaks she stormed to his chamber and stole his first kiss before he even realized what happened. The day was unforgettable and dream-like to Luhan and he never cared to think more into it. 

Then came the years of being in love. Luhan would kiss her cheeks and her whole face and repeatedly say 'I love you' and Eunhwa would reply with a sweet smile looking even more adorable which sets Luhan in awe. Being away from her for two years and seeing Rian in a completely different posture, made him think about it.