Twenty One

"It's Rian" Luhan states at the dorm the other day finally deciding to let everyone know.

"Are you sure ?" Baekhyun gawks at him in disbelief.

Sehun keeps his silence as he stares away through the glass panes questioning himself, if this was still good news or bad news.

"Hmm" Luhan replies as he closes the fridge with a bottle of water in his hand.

"Daebak. Now all we have to do is take her back to the planet." Baekhyun speaks in relief.

"After freaking two years of looking for her, we found her. Can you even believe this, hyung ?" He turns to Kris who was now so concentrated on the game he was playing in his phone. Kris averts his gaze to Baek.

"What ?" He sends him a glare as he questions.

"Anee, I mean. We became stars so then she was in our reach. But we could never find her in our converts, not in SM live concerts not in anywhere we went, but now she is a rookie in SM."

"Hmm...It's hard to believe" Kris keeps playing the game as he climbs through the stairs to his room.

***

He lies down on his bed as he unlocked his tablet, moving through the pictures it had. He stops at the picture of Jaehee, with closed eyes and a slight scratch on her forehead.

"You, doing okay ?" He questions glaring at her image. 

"I wished so bad they wouldn't be able to find you. I wished so bad, that you will lead a happy life here. I don't care even if the world dies and our powers would fall. You deserve to be happy. ,to be out of that hell you lived in for years. Be happy, Rian. I wish I never rescued you from that fire, NO, I wish I would have just hidden you away from his majesty after rescuing you. If only I knew his plan was to get you married to such a pathetic cold person. Whatever they say, don't come back with us. Stay here, be happy. Once in your life, chose for yourself, not for others." He closes his eyes locking the device and losing himself in his memories with her.

"How long ?" He does not get to start with his thinking as he hears Luhan's voice from his back, at the door. Kris raises his head slightly to send a glare at him.

"How long have you known her whereabouts ?" Luhan repeats the question this time, longer and angrier staring at the tablet with her picture still on it. Kris smirks under his breath before leaving the bed and taking his stand opposing the LuHan.

"Why... does... it ... matter ?" He asks sending a silent reminder of what Jaehee had actually meant to LuHan all along.

"Why does it matter? She is my wife" Luhan exclaims, louder, finding it hard to control his anger.

"Wife ? Your wife ? Don't joke. Everyone knows what she was to you, LuHan. You barely knew anything what she was. Anything what she was doing. Anything what she was doing, for you. Yet you tell me, Your wife ?"

Luhan is hurt by the words by finds no escape to speak for himself.

"You do not deserve her. Yes, it has been so long since I found her. A year since I found where she was living and how happy she was living. Tell me one good enough reason why I should take her life away from her, again. One good reason LuHan, give me one." He speaks longer and LuHan can see the rage running in him as he exclaims all the facts.

LuHan stays there stoned, with no answer up in his sleeves as Kris walks past him leaving the room.

"Enlighten me" LuHan says stopping Kris in his tracks.

"What do I not know ?" He asks.

Kris smirks before replying. "What do you not know ?" He repeats. "I think it is easier to ask for what you know ?" And with that he walks away. A second of thinking he does, before he stops in his tracks and turns to a confused LuHan.

"Do you think when you just take her back to the planet, your so called, fucked up bond will strengthen? There is a load of shit you don't know about that freaking bond, your highness the crown prince. If it was ever  a portrait of a physical bond, do some reading" He yells and takes LuHan's hand before shoving a crumpled up piece of paper harshly in his hand squeezing it in.

LuHan unfolds the piece of paper carefully to see it was torn off from a very old book. He feels the need of holding onto something as he reads through the words written in ancient English, as the reality hits him through every single word.