Ch5: Study Partner

Tamaki's pov

I sat in a room, away from everyone else. I could still watch the sports festival from my phone which I'd set up but I didn't want to be out in the open. Besides, moving a lot really hurt. Dad told me I wasn't to compete in the sports festival because of my injuries. I had split my stitches so I had to get those done up again and it really hurt too. My head had also been split open so I had to get it bandaged up too and I had a large gash on my lower back, right up to my shoulder blades which also needed stitches so I was advised to rest for a couple weeks. I watched as the beginning of the sports festival took place but its not like I cared. It was just some entertainment for other people. I stopped watching after a while and instead scrolled through the news app on my phone. Nothing interesting. I closed my phone and put it down on the table, staring blankly ahead of me. I decided to look over my notes to try and get them stuck in my head but concentrating on them was so damn hard. I threw the papers down on the table and hit my head onto the table.
"Stupid. Stupid" I muttered to myself.
"Why are you tucked away in a room while the sports festival is going on?" someone asked. I looked up. Todoroki had walked in and he looked really beaten up.
"Why aren't you resting?" I asked. He shrugged.
"But seriously. Your part off U.A too. Shouldn't you be taking part in the festival" He pointed out, limping over.
"No. I'm injured. I had to get stitches and I'm supposed to take it easy until the doctors say so" I mumbled.
"You threw all your papers everywhere" he stated, gesturing to all of the sheets I had flung all over the place.
"Yeah. Well. I couldn't get the damn things stuck in my head. Is it so bad that I wanted to throw them all over the place" I stated, looking away from him.
"Do you need help studying?" he asked.
I froze.
'Did he just offer to help me study?' I thought.
"What?" I asked.
"You helped me with my notes so I might as well return the favor" he explained.
"You want to help me?" I asked.
"I guess" he muttered.
"I'm Aizawa's daughter" I stated.
"And?" he asked.
"You're supposed to hate me because I supposedly get special treatment and that's how I got in" I explained.
"Do you?" he asked.
"No" I sighed.
"Then I don't really have a reason to hate you" he stated before beginning to pick up my papers.
"Hey. Wait. You don't need to pick those up" I objected but he'd already gathered them all into a neat pile and placed them on the table in front of me.
"Since I'll be helping you. Do I come over to yours or should you come over to mine?" he asked. I stayed quite. I couldn't exactly say no. He was being so nice to me and he seemed set on doing this.
"Hold on" I told him. I picked up my phone and texted my dad, asking him if I could have someone over. It took him a minute to reply, probably had to ask Hizashi to type his answer. He had agreed to it.
"My dad said it's OK for you to come over for a while tonight" I explained. Todoroki nodded. I forced a smile. I think he realized it was fake though. I gathered all my things and got up. Dad would be coming to tell me it's time to go home soon so might as well get ready to leave. I put my notes in my bag and left the room, Todoroki following.