Ch11: Hospital

Shota's pov

I paced around the living room, waiting for the doctor to finish checking Tamaki and Todoroki. He stepped back and sighed.
"Is it serious?" Hizashi asked.
"Afraid so. They've eaten or drank something that's made them sick. It appears to have been there for quite some time but I'm not exactly sure what it could possibly be" the doctor explained.
"Will they live?" I asked. Hitoshi sat in a chair, saying nothing.
"If they don't get immediate medical help then definitely not. From what I can tell, this sickness is eating away at them from the inside. It's probably why they fainted" the doctor explained.
"So they need to be taken to the hospital?" I asked. The doctor nodded.
"Then we'll take them. I'm not letting Tamaki die without doing something to help her" I stated.
"You should be careful. Don't do anything that could worsen their condition" he stated before going to leave.
"We need to go now otherwise things could get worse" Hizashi stated.
"Hitoshi. Stay here. We're going to take them to the hospital" I explained. He nodded. I lifted up Tamaki while Hizashi picked up Todoroki as we headed to the hospital. There was a lot of people in the emergency room as some looked up at us.
"Sirs, what seems to be the problem?" one of the people at the reception asked.
"My daughter and her friend have come down with a really bad sickness that we were told would kill them if they weren't treated" I stated. The woman looked at us, then at the teens that we held. She picked up a phone.
"Hello. Doctor. Yes, I have two teens here with an unknown sickness that they are dying from" she stated over the phone. Once she put the phone back down, she turned to us.
"Go through those doors, there should be a doctor there to help you" she explained, pointing at a pair of double doors. I walked over to the doors, followed by Hizashi. A doctor stood on the other side as he looked down at the two of them.
"Follow me" he stated, leading them to another room. Once we were in the room, we were asked to lay them down on a bed. The doctor put on a protective mask and began examining them.
He stood back.
"I have never seen anything like this but we'll do our best. It would also be best if they don't have anyone in close proximity without protective gear. We can't tell if this sickness is contagious or not" the doctor explained. I looked at Hizashi as he Pet my back.
"The two of you should go. We'll call you if we get any news" the doctor explained. Hizashi led mee out of the hospital.
"We should tell the Todoroki's about this. They deserve to know too. Especially since Todoroki is part of their family" Hizashi explained. I nodded and we headed over to the Todoroki household. When we arrived, I knocked the door. After a few minutes, the door slid open, revealing aa very tired white haired girl with red woven into her hair occasionally.
"Can I help you?" she asked.
"We've come to talk to your family about Shoto Todoroki" Hizashi stated.
"Oh. Let me go get my dad" she stated before going up the stairs. We walked into the hall and stood there. The Girl soon returned with her father, Endeavour.
"You wanted to talk to me about Shoto? He's dead. What is there to talk about?" he asked.
"Actually your son is alive although is seriously ill. He arrived at my house not to long ago with my daughter. They collapsed and turns out they have a sickness that the doctors that have checked them have never seen before. They're currently in hospital getting checked" I explained. He seemed surprised.
"Turns out they've been alive this entire time, they were just underground in a stream" Hizashi explained.
"Shoto's alive. Natsuo and out mother will be so happy" the girl stated.
"The doctors will get in contact with any news. If they don't contact you then we'll keep you up to date" I stated. Endeavour nodded before we went to leave since I needed to get back to Hitoshi and the cats.