Ch45: Parental Bonding

Tamaki's pov

I fiddled with my fingers, staring blankly down at them. I was currently alone. Shoto had left yesterday with a very nervous look and a clearly fake smile. It wasn't as warm as his usual smiles. Probably wouldn't come back. I wouldn't blame him. I was disgusting and a lost cause, what wass the point in coming back. I linked my fingers together then pulled them against each other. My eyes fell on the bandages on my arms. I bit my lip. The urge to scratch was so bad. I gave in and started scratching the bandages which ripped slightly from my nails and the force. I looked up when the door opened, still absently scratching my arm. The first thing I saw was long black hair. When they turned around, I saw dad. He looked more tired than usual and the bits of hair that were on his face were a complete mess. The usual hardened look he had in public faded into a soft, concerned look. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me.
"How you feeling?" he asked. I started scratching harder.
"I dunno. Disgusting. Useless. Like I want to jump off a bridge and drown" I mumbled. He looked ahead of him, torn between telling me something or not. He bit his lip and sighed.
"Todoroki told me what happened" he stated. It took me a minute to register what he meant but then it sunk in. Shoto had told him. Shoto had told other people about what had happened. I'd told him with trust that he wouldn't say anything but he told someone. Tears built up and slipped down my cheek.
"Ah. Tamaki. Don't worry. We'll never see him again" he assured me.
"Everyone knows" I cried, placing my hands over my ears. Nothing was going to be the same. Everyone knew.
"Tamaki, please calm down. Only a select few know about this" he explained. I looked at him.
"Only Todoroki, myself, our family and a few police know. We're keeping all information away from the press. This won't be known to the public, I promise" he told me. I wiped my eyes with my arm.
"Oh my little angel, your bleeding" he pointed out.
"Dad?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow.
"Why did you call me that. You haven't used that name since I was 6" I pointed out. He laughed slightly.
"Because no matter how old you get, you'll always be my little angel" he smiled, placing a lock of hair behind my ear. He focused on my face, running one finger along my cheekbone.
"I never realised just how slim you've become" he sighed. I averted my gaze.
"Don't be ashamed. I just want you to start working on getting yourself better" he assured.
"You phrase it like I'm broken right now" I mumbled. He sighed.
"Little angel, I love you but how you treat yourself isn't good. That means no more skipping meals, no more hurting yourself and no more scratching your arms. Please. You're going to hurt yourself more. If you can't stop, at least cut your nails so you won't hurt yourself when you scratch"
"Sorry" I whispered. I felt a hand on my head and tensed slightly.
"Don't be sorry. If anything, I should be sorry. I could see you were hurting even after I got those memories removed and I didn't do anything, I just let you distance yourself instead of helping and I know that I should have stepped in to help instead. So Tamaki, my little angel, I'm sorry" he apologised.
"It's alright. I'm the one who pushed you away" I mumbled quietly. He gave me a small smile and I actually smiled back.