«28»

I love you Woojinnie😭❤️
_________________________________

"Chronic Leukemia"

Hyunjin said so softly as if he was afraid that everybody will hear him though there was only Minho with him inside the room. Hyunjin was scared of revealing the truth but he was tired of hiding it deep down his heart. Now that he told Minho, he wasn't ready to know how Minho will react. He was afraid of everything these days anyways. He was afraid of losing his friends in his life. He was afraid of losing his mom and his grandfather. He was afraid of doing something and hurting someone along the way. He was afraid of ......dying.

Tears escape his eyes. He was thinking all the negative things. He was holding on for so long and now that he told someone, he was afraid. He knew he'll die soon but now that he said it from his own mouth and now that Minho knows, reality, truth and sadness sipped inside his whole body, mind and heart.

Hyunjin was sobbing which ache his heart. He was hiccuping too.

Minho was shocked when he first heard what Hyunjin said. He didn't want to believe. He was not ready for that. He wanted to ask if it was a joke the younger was playing on him but when Hyunjin started sobbing, he knew the younger wasn't lying.

He stood there speechless. He didn't know what to say. Nothing came to his mind so instead he wrapped Hyunjin around his arms to comfort him and share some warmth. He was bad with comforting his friends and now it was Hyunjin, who he wasn't so close with but he did try his best.

Minho pat Hyunjin's back awkwardly trying to calm the younger down. His comfort somehow calmed Hyunjin down.

"Come, sit down"

Hyunjin complied to what the older was telling him to do and sat down on the bed.

"Drink this". Minho gave him a glass of water and he drank it in one go.

"So um..." Minho first started "....if you want to talk about it... I'm here."  Minho gave a small smile to the younger so that he'll relax.

Hyunjin nodded at him. He wanted to talk to someone and if Minho was ready so why not. He needed to let it out. He exhaled and inhaled relaxing himself and then looked at Minho.

"I'll tell you everything i could hyung"

"Okay. Go ahead. I'm all ears."

"I was diagnosed with Chronic Leukemia when i was 15. I was very young." Hyunjin giggled remembering his younger self. Minho wanted to cry watching the younger trying his best not to break down in front of him but how could he cry when the younger was being so strong. So he stopped himself and held Hyunjin's hand. He was bad at comforting people, of course, but he could lend his hand right? So he did that. He looked at Hyunjin who was shocked with his action but Hyunjin squeezed his hand back, as if saying "Thank You hyung". Minho smiled at the younger.

"You were so young."  He said looking at the younger.

"Hmm. I was."  Hyunjin replied.

Minho just hmmed at the response.

Then Hyunjin continued, "I thought everything will be okay. My family thought so too because my health issue came to light at the first stage. You know right hyung, diseases when known at early stage can be cured if one's lucky and so me and my family thought the same thing in my case too. But i was unlucky i guess."  Hyunjin stopped there, wiping the tears that rolled down his cheeks now. He looked at Minho to see the older wiping his tears away too.