CHAPTER SIX

The moment Sam realized of Aniya's importance, he quickly welcomed her into the home, which shocked Emily, making her study him

The moment Sam realized of Aniya's importance, he quickly welcomed her into the home, which shocked Emily, making her study him. She noticed how he seemed almost intimidated by Aniya, and something in her head told her, her instinct was right about her. However, she didn't want that to be the reason the pack welcomed her, she wanted Aniya to be treated as not an advantage, but a friend.

"Emily tells me you didn't grow up in the reservation," Sam said as they were all sat at the table. Aniya would have found that sentence insensitive if it was just anyone, but coming from Sam Uley, she didn't feel like it was just a random meddle.

She shook her head keeping a faint smile," I moved here when I was thirteen, with my older sister and brother. Though my brother left a few years later and now it's just my sister, her husband and I" Sam leaned back on the chair and tried to find anything he could about the girl, though he knew that information already.

Aniya looked at Sam's noticing his facial features that felt like he wanted to know more. So, she figured to answer the dying question he probably wants to ask," I don't know much about my parents, but maybe it's possible that they lived here before. It's probably why they even allowed my family to stay in the Rez in the first place"

Sam's eyes widen feeling fault overtake him, it was no secret that locals were very closely connected, and usually, there are rules about who can even live in their Reservation. Juliet's parents were just right outside of the border of it, so they weren't the topic of the locals on 'outsiders'

Whereas the Majorie's was a different story, the elders never spoke about it, but the other adults that liked prying their noses in other people's business were where all the hot gossip was born. The markets around the Rez was the place you'd find the housewives chatting in the aisles as they shopped talking about the new cat in the bag.

"I'm sorry-I didn't mean for you to-" Sam spoke up but Aniya just smiled and waved her hand

"Actually you have no idea how good that feels to actually tell someone. I prefer bluntness and honesty over someone who walks on eggshells around me"

Emily chuckled and nodded," I learned that-Maybe I should have told Sam this, but I kind of felt like being a little mean since the entire situation"

Aniya watched Sam recoil and then she spoke," It's really nice of you to be wary for your fiancé Sam and honestly it was a little impolite, but I don't hold grudges knowing the meaning behind it. You were just worried about her and I'm glad you allowed her to continue our friendship"

"You have no idea how much I want to apologize for that Aniya, it's just-" Sam cut himself off as Emily reached for his hand knowing he was looking at the scar again. For the people who didn't know about it, we're just told it was a bear, and some of the people in the Rez felt conscious around her because of it. So, it was hard for Emily to make friends, as sad as it sounds.

Aniya just smiled "It's okay, apology accepted, and if you want to ask more, please do not hold back. I'm not usually a chatterbox, but when Emily is around, I just have a switch that just turns on"