CHAPTER TWENTY

Emily wasn't currently home, so the reason for Sam's surprise made sense

Emily wasn't currently home, so the reason for Sam's surprise made sense. It was just the pair of them as they sat on the table. He looked at her as she put her bag on her lap," Tell me, what do you know?"

"Well, the fact that you, the boys and Leah shift into wolves" Aniya started and he kept silent knowing she had more to say," I found out that I was born here in the Rez, my father is Tala Ateara, and he is the cousin of Quil's father. He like the rest of our fathers are descents of Taha Aki"

"So, you do have a direct connection" Sam spoke and she nodded

"Yeah, and I know our father's generation didn't shift into wolves since the cold-ones that Ephraim Black had a treaty with had left Forks"

"Yes, actually our father's and our grandfathers, the last to shift was Ephraim's pack" Sam revealed

"Makes sense, so the Cold-Ones, are there any near? I mean you all seem to shift and I know from the Ephraim part of the stories, that was why you guys phased in the first place" Sam didn't respond to her words which were enough to answer her.

"I figured" Aniya spoke and then her face turned grim as she pulled out the sketchbook of the cold ones she drew," I drew these over the past week" She slid the book over to him as he grits his teeth at the red-head he knew so well.

"Aniya," He said looking up," I need to call the pack over, and I need you to explain everything you know" She looked him over surprised at how he looked slightly uneasy.

"Sure," She said as he nodded

"I'll be back, Emily should return in a few, so make yourself at home"

"Oh, yeah, sure"

Soon, Sam had left and she was now left alone in the house.

When Emily came home, Aniya was nearly tackled by the female who had exploded with so many questions, since the pack and girls told her that Aniya had missed school for an entire week.

"Do you have any idea how worried everyone was?" Emily scolded as Aniya chuckled

"Sorry, I was kind of occupied with the whole finding out I was born here in the Rez, and that I'm technically cousins with Leah and the guys, Quil more than the others-Oh and that they all shift into wolves" She said nonchalantly as she watched Emily gape at her just blinking in silence.

"Yeah, that happened" She smiled sheepishly," But I'll tell more of the details when Sam comes back with the pack"

Emily quickly brought her in a tight embrace," Oh thank goodness, I am so glad there is absolutely nothing I need to hide from you. I hated it so much"

Aniya just returned the embrace as she let out a breath knowing she had a lot of things to say once the pack arrived.