CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Every single person in the room fell silent to Jacob's words that even their breathes were as silent as the air around them

Every single person in the room fell silent to Jacob's words that even their breathes were as silent as the air around them. He had noticed how dense the air felt as he looked at each of them, all mirroring the same face.

"What?" He asked slowly and Sam raised his hand to his mouth. Jacob Black was the true alpha of the pack, and unlike him, he did not feel anything for Aniya Majorie, except for a maternal feel. Just like everyone else in the room, but it was proven he was wrong.

"Jacob, what do you feel?" Sam asked carefully making the said male turn to him and furrow his brows.

"Like I need to protect her, but also that I need to be near her" He responded slowly and as those words left his mouth. Seth let out a surprised gasp making Jacob look at him.

"What?" He again repeated the word that seemed to be the only thing he knew at this point.

"You realize you just explained imprinting, in a sense but less descriptive" Seth raised his hand that was on Maya's waist.

"I didn't imprint on her" Jacob's voice went low as he narrowed his eyes," I've looked into her eyes, and I did not see anything or feel anything"

Embry sighed and leaned his chin on Juliet's shoulder as he turned his head to the direction Sam was at," Is there an explanation for that?" but Sam kept silent not being able to confirm it at all.

"Maybe Jacob is just so focused on not imprinting, that he overpowers the will of his wolf" Paul joked but then everyone turned to him like he grew a second head.

"Did something that actually makes sense come out of your mouth?" Serena said perplexed at his statement. He shot her an offended look which she returned with just a smirk.

"I'm so offended" Paul voiced his thoughts making Serena snicker lightly.

Jacob kept himself on the chair he was on and peered over to Sam hoping he'd finally found an answer to their current situation. Though he knew from the Alpha's expression, he was still far from it.

"Well Aniya did draw the pair of you back then, so what are the chances that it's not possible?" Quil asked nudged his head to the drawing that was on the table.

Jacob just shrugged his shoulder not even saying anything not wanting to say something, that end him being yelled at for. He knew Leah was right about how he probably made Aniya feel insane.

"Her drawings" Juliet whispered and walked over to the table out of Embry's arms, which he quietly whined about missing the warmth. Juliet lifted the few papers and then froze when she saw the one with all of them paired together and look to the scenery.

She lifted the paper closer noticing something that caught her eye, she lifted the one with Jacob and Aniya as well and put them side by side and noticed there was a connection, she let out a gasp, making Embry quickly pace over to her," Juliet what's wrong?"

"I think Aniya's drawings, have a message. I think everyone focused on everything but the background" Juliet turned lifted the papers and connected them," It's spelling something out, look at the mountains and trees"