CHAPTER NINETEEN

Aniya spent the rest of the weekend trying to fully connect everything she could

Aniya spent the rest of the weekend trying to fully connect everything she could. She understood through the stories that the wolves are not werewolves but just shape-shifters.

Her dreams now answered more for her, like how anger was the prime key on what triggered the shifting that couldn't be controlled. Though they still had the will to shift on command, but something was a blur about why they had a strong will, and it remained that way.

She was having trouble with the entire Jacob situation, and how she was always near his wolf. They weren't friends and it didn't make sense why she felt a strong connection with him solely.

She brushed that aside, focusing on everything else, but she was confused on the whole 'Soulmates' part, so she didn't bother to press more on that subject either.

The weekend ended up turning to a week, to missing school, which didn't go without a fight from her Sister and brother in law. Then is came to the many phone calls and visits from her friends, that she refused to see, faking sickness.

She knew it was being hard on her family, but all she wanted to do was sleep and connect the dots. It was like her mind was on a set mode of not giving up until she had fully accepted everything.

She had gone through a great number of sketchbooks, as she had been drawing now unfamiliar faces, that had strange red eyes. She was sure these were the cold ones, which was vampires.

She felt her body shake as she coloured in the ruby-eyes. It was fear. A very strong unwanted feeling that swarmed within her body.

Then it came to the dream of her death, as she had those cold-ones run to her. It was frightening but she still had that same feeling of pride despite it being morbid.

She didn't want to think it was really going to happen, but then the stories she told her siblings would either end of her dying or Jacob who had his bones crushed before her eyes.

Those nights were the hardest when it was the main focus, but since she learned to push it away temporarily, she was able to sleep at night without waking up screaming.

Towards the end of the week, her brain was fully overloaded and she was now accepting the terms of it all. When she finally stepped out of her bedroom, she got an earful from her Sister and brother-in-law, but she took it all for the worth of everything that almost answered everything.

The one great outcome was that she didn't feel angry at anyone, especially the girls. She would have gone to them first, but with her information, she couldn't have them tell her. It was how anyone directly involved had to find out on their own, without rules being broken.

Aniya knocked on the wooden door as she put her hands in her hoodie pockets.

She waited for a moment as it opened," Aniya?" She looked up to Sam who seemed surprised at her arrival.

"I know Sam, I know everything," Aniya said as he looked at her for a moment, and nodded shifting his body away from the door to let her in.