CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

"You look like crap Jacob Black" Jacob opened his eyes slowly drenched in sweat; it had been the most painful week for him and sometimes he couldn't tell from reality to hallucinations from the amount of medication he'd be under

"Well, it's a little rude to not say hi back" He turned his head letting out a grunt from the movement. He jerked seeing who was in his room, he wasn't sure if he was dreaming or if she was really there. It was like she heard his thoughts as she chuckled walking closer sitting on the chair next to his bed," I'm really here Jacob"

He let out a pained breath," Aniya"

"The one and only" She smiled making him form a small smile back "I must be dreaming since you're visiting me" He taunted which resulted in her rolling her eyes.

"Well don't feel special since I went to Serena first" He frowned at her words," Really? So not me first? That hurts"

"Oh, suck it up Jake" He smiled hearing the name she called him," It's been a long time since I've heard that"

"What?" She asked him confused

"Jake" He mumbled

"Well, I figured you deserved that, especially since taking the hit that I was supposed to" Her voice had suddenly taken a tone that made him want to recoil

"So, you figured that out huh?" He said carefully "I couldn't lose you Aniya, not when I finally realized that I been such an asshole" He commented

"We both been Jake-In fact, we both been idiots. We let rumours get the better of us" Aniya admitted making him close his eyes for a moment.

"and a person," Jacob said

"Jake, we don't need-"

"No, let me-" He grunted making her perk up in worry," I'm fine" He whispered," Aniya, never in my life, have I made the stupidest decision like this one. I let someone get between us when everything shouldn't have ended the way it did. I let my foolish feelings get the better of me for someone who I now know doesn't deserve it. I've only realized just how much of a cold-hearted bitch she was when everyone warned me"

"We all make mistakes Jake-"

"Not as much as I have done-I've made a mistake, the biggest mistake of just destroying everything we had. I let go of an amazing girl. The girl who was my best friend, and the girl who made me want to be a better person"

"You give me too much credit Jake" Aniya spoke up," I've had my share of being horrible"

"You'll never just take my words huh?" He chuckled ignoring the pain that came with it.

"Never, because what kind of friend would I be making you take all of the blame?"

"Friend huh?" He mumbled

"Well, we know what we want, but we can't just-Not now, not after all of this" Aniya shook her head

"Aniya-If it's about-" She lifted her finger to his mouth gesturing him to stop talking.

"Not now Jake, please-" She got up slowly from the chair," Just please forgive me for this"

"Why does it feel like your saying goodbye?" He looked at her as his voice cracked

She looked down at him before walking out of the door," I need you to heal Jake, and get better for the sake of everyone"

"Aniya" He slightly raised his voice

"Forgive me Jake" She mumbled walking out as she found herself running out of the house ignoring him shouting her name.