CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

"Uh, are we just going to go up to their doorstep?" Embry asked quietly as they walked along the forest

"Uh, are we just going to go up to their doorstep?" Embry asked quietly as they walked along the forest. Jacob had been carrying Aniya the entire time and kept refusing the two when they offered to take turns.

Everything felt right about her being in his arms, and his desire felt stronger every moment he glanced down to her. He always knew Aniya was attractive, but now that he was really looking at her and not thinking about anything else. Aniya was so damn beautiful. He didn't know why he never took the moment just to look at her, without the constant need to fight with her.

He missed her. He missed the girl that was by his side before everything before he screwed it all up.

"Something tells me they already know" Leah spat as she looked forward letting out a growl at the sight before her. Only one of the Cullens was currently standing there and it was Emmett who had a smirk plastered on his face.

Jacob kept his face straight as he walked to the treaty line," I'm guessing pixie saw us coming" He acknowledged trying to keep the normal insults from being thrown out and kept them on the back of his throat.

Emmett folded his arms keeping a smirk," She did, and you have no idea how much of a laugh I had at the idea of you mutts having to come to us for help"

Leah let out a snarl about to pounce but Embry grabbed her shoulder making her huff stepping back.

Jacob felt his eye twitch at him," So they only sent you?"

"They only need me; besides I highly doubt you'd try something funny when you need our help" Emmett looked down to Aniya," I'm surprised she is one of yours, she doesn't even have a wet dog smell at all"

"Look, can we save the insults for later? I-We all really need to help, please" Jacob had not wanted to sound desperate but he couldn't hide it when he was panicking the entire time. He and the rest don't know what is going on fully, and Edward is probably the only one that can help them.

Emmett heard the desperation in his voice and nodded his head," Everyone is at the house, including Bella"

Leah bit her tongue from the name and Embry winced at the sight. Something told the wolves that Emmett mentioned her purposely but Jacob didn't seem to fall for the bait.

Instead, he kept walking and glancing down to Aniya most of the time, Embry noticed the gesture and pat his shoulder," Don't worry, Aniya will pull through"

"I know she will" Jacob quickly answered not even thinking for a moment that she wasn't going to be fine," I won't give up until she is" He declared loudly and it wouldn't be a surprise if it went heard by all of the vampires in the house.

Once they arrived at the Cullen house, Leah had stayed outside not wanting to even step inside the house. The boys understood since they knew how much she hated them and Bella, and they didn't want to risk her phasing.

Jacob was glued to her side as he put her on the cot refusing to even spend a second away from her while they were surrounded by the Cullens. He didn't take a second to speak with Bella, and just brushed passed her completely much to everyone's surprise except for Embry.

Edward had his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at her," It's not clear, and most of it sounds muffled but she's saying only one thing-Riley Biers"