CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Mom and Dad were amazing; both always gave us as much as they could" Anthea started

"You see, Mom was really not welcomed in the Rez since she wasn't born here. I think you know that, about how people are on outsiders. Well, she moved here and soon enough she met dad, then had us"

"I'm not sure what Dad did for work, but Mom worked with most of the mothers who were like healers. Since the Rez didn't like to go to the Hospital in Forks, they'd prefer to go with traditional medicine over modern"

"How did they pass?" Aniya asked and Aaron let out a breath

"One of the adults told us that they'd got into an accident, but something told your sister and me that their death was not that simple"

"So, they lied?" Aniya asked softly and Anthea frowned

"Maybe-it was Joshua Uley who told us that, but something about the way he looked when he told us, just didn't fit the whole automobile accident"

"Is that why we left the Rez back then?"

Aaron leaned on the couch behind him," Yeah, since your sister and I were of age, we got custody of you, since Mom and Dad had it all settled. We both left because we felt betrayed"

"Wait so, does that you mean you knew Billy and the other elders?"

"Well, not really" Anthea stated," Since we were half-Native, Mom knew how some of the housewives would treat us, so she usually kept us away from them. It wasn't much of Billy and the other males, just the women"

"Ah yes, the desperate housewives of the Rez" Aaron laughed making his sisters chuckle.

"What made you want to return back here? I feel like your claim to make it big here isn't true anymore" She then asked her older siblings

"Well" Anthea started," Home is where the heart is Aniya, as much as I felt betrayed, I couldn't just forget the place I was born from, and I wouldn't have met Nick if I didn't come back"

Aaron spoke up," I like it here, but you know me, I can't stay in one place for so long, but I'll always come and visit my home"

For a few hours, they had told Aniya about their parents, and she was glad that it didn't turn out where they'd pack up and left, or were good for nothing.

"Tell me about the stories they told us" Aniya finally asked

"Well, it's the Quileute Legends, honestly Mom always thought it was too scary for us, but Dad thought otherwise" Aaron chuckled, as he told her the same story she heard from Juliet's parents.

"The Great Wolf, is what hey called Taha Aki after he saw his son's death, he shifted into an old gray wolf. He battled the Cold one, but since the strength of the pale woman was immense, he struggled. The Third wife had sacrificed herself by attracting the cold one with her spilt blood, their sons all shifted in grief, and Taha Aki never returned home or to his human body again after the loss of his wife."

Anthea then spoke," I could see why Mom never liked us hearing it, but I'm glad Dad never listened"

Anthea ended making Aniya look down to her drawings. She didn't voice her next thoughts, as she thought about the wolves that she knew matched Sam and the boys, including Jacob.

She knew she shouldn't tell her siblings that revelation since she knew it wasn't for her to tell. The stories were real, and now her dreams made more sense when her siblings told her about Ephraim Black part of the stories.

It almost made all sense, but her part of Drawing, what did it mean?