Fuse is Lit

“I take responsibility for the harm that came to the students at our schools training camp.” Mr Aizawa said on the TV. I felt myself want to smile. “And regarding Katsuki Bakugou, we at UA are operating with the police force to locate and retrieve him. If they think they can turn him, then they haven’t realized Bakugou's tenacity.” I let go and smiled.

    “Guess they know me more than I thought.” I said, moving slightly, the restraints stopping me from moving more than I did. The creepy hand guy looked at me through the fingers.

    “Our goal is to show society how weak its sense of justice really is. And once we do that…” He said, his voice low and quiet. “Then we’ll know that we have won. And you like winning, right, Katsuki?” he smiled from under his hand mask. I felt my smile die quickly as the patchwork faced villain stood up straight, looking at me. Looking around, I felt all their eyes on me.

    “Yes….I like winning. I’ll win no matter what the cost.” I said, telling the truth. “Anything to prove I’m the best.” I smiled and used small explosions, causing the villain in a mask and hat to step back and take an offensive stance. “If being a villain is what it takes, so be it.” The Hand Villain smiled and laughed.

    “Dabi, let him go.” he said, pointing to me. The patchwork villain groaned and undid the restraints on my hands and the one in a black and white mask undid my ankles. When I could, I rubbed my wrists and stood up. “Now, let’s introduce everyone. The patchwork one is Dabi.” Dabi shot him a hateful look and sighed. “The crazy Highschool Girl is Himiko Toga.” The girl smiled and licked her lips. “The tophatted one is Mr Compress while the half and half one is Twice. Smoke one is Kurogiri. The lizard is Spinner.And one of us are out doing recon. Their name is Magne…”

    As he finished, the door swung open and a red haired figure collapsed onto the ground, bleeding. Twice ran to them and pulled them up. “Hey, Magne, you good? Too weak to survive a few stab wounds?” I saw the figure had several stab wounds to the torso and was bleeding badly.

    “There no hope.” Dabi said, adjusting his hair. “Magne is dead. And we’re down a member. But, we have a new recruit.” Everyone looked at me and I turned to the hand guy.

    “What’s your name? You must be the leader here, so who the hell are you?” I asked, my hand popping with small explosions.

    “Tomura Shigaraki.” He said, lifting his arms out and smiling.I could tell he was happy that I had agreed to join. “But, as for our next course of action, we’ll send you back to UA and you’ll be our eyes and ears. And then, when we’re ready, we’ll use our mole in conjunction with you. We’ll launch a full scan attack on the UA teachers and students.” He swiped a picture off of the bar and showed it to me. Damn Deku. The photo was taken as he won the first stage of the Sports Festival.

    “He’ll need a few people who can protect our secrets.” Kurogiri said. “Dabi is our heaviest hitter we can spare, and Toga can sneak in if we can get her enough blood.” Toga smiled and clapped.

    “Why are we on babysitting duty?” Dabi asked, his hand in his hair, looking at me. “If he snitches, we can kill him with the rest of UA. And if not, then we won’t lose any pieces on the board.”

    “And if someone finds out he’s working with us?” Kurogiri said, cleaning a glass. “We need people there to pull him out.That’ll be you and Toga.” Dabi groaned and walked out the door.

    “Call me when you need me.” he called from down the hall. Toga jumped the counter and walked to me.

    “Bakugou! I’m glad I get to be part of your defence squad.” she said, smiling. “I watched you in the Sports Fest! I….” she started again, but Twice put his hand over her mouth.

    “Hush, Toga. You’re making me jealous. I couldn’t care less!” he said, pulling her away.

    “Does that mean I can go home now?” I asked, rubbing my wrist a little. Shigaraki nodded and waved me away.

    “We took your phone number, so we’ll call you. It’s under the name of ‘Hitoga’.” I nodded and walked out the door, a bit lost. I get it. This is a test. I walked down the street until the road was populated. Then, I walked with the crowd and pulled out my phone, typing in my address. I followed the directions and arrived at my house. Opening the door slowly, I slipped inside, my heart racing.