Smoldering Embers

As I rubbed my upper neck, Dabi threw me an ice pack. “Nice work, kid. If you hadn't called for the retreat, we woulda been captured because of my pride.”

I placed the pack on my neck and looked at Dabi. He had wraps on his stomach, along with his purplish burned skin. He sat on a stool and sighed. “I don't think I could have shot more then 1 more flame pillar.” I thought back to his last shot. His skin.Was that what was making that hissing noise? It was steaming, too. Maybe his body can't handle his own quirk. Todoroki has a small disadvantage on over-use,but he can still use it quite a bit. I looked at my hand, which had small cuts from the fight with Deku. I dropped the students when they were compressed. I blew ice chunks up. When Compress released the ice I threw, he released the others on accident. Hope they’re okay.

Shigaraki opened the door and looked at us. “We have an issue.” I swallowed, looking at the door as everyone came in, save for Spinner. “Spinner is out of the game for a while. He’ll take a time to recover.” I looked at my hand again and clentched it.

“We need to think of a new plan.” Dabi said. “Running in guns blazing did nothing. Not to mention we barely got away. And your 'Trump Card’ Nomu didn't do what it was supposed to.” Shigaraki exhaled and looked at him.

“The Nomu is fine.” Kurogiri said. “Shigaraki didn't tell All Might that it also had a quirk that allows it to recollect it's pieces.” I looked at everyone, and they all looked surprised. “Tomura was smart in making All Might think he could win by blowing it apart.” Shigaraki smirked ever so lightly.

“Our next step is to get more manpower.” Shigaraki said. “Twice is close to getting a new recruit. He just has to bring him here.”

“Who is it?” I asked, lowering the ice pack to my side.

“Kai Chasaki. Yakuza Boss.” Twice said, his arms crossed.

“Yakuza?” Toga said, looking at Twice curiously.

“Ah, young Toga.” Compress said, smiling. “The Yakuza controlled the countries underworld before Quirks. Ever since, they've died out. Surprised there are still some around, honestly.”

“Well, anyway, He's coming by tomorrow at 5 pm. So be decent.” Twice said. Shigaraki coughed.

“It's too damn dusty.” He said.

“I think I'm getting sick.” Toga said.

“Quit your bitching.” Dabi said. “Would you rather be sick or in Tartarus?”

Toga looked at the ground, a silent surrender. “I think we should do something with Firecracker.” Compress said. “All Might saw his face, so he knows it's him.”

“Actually, he thought it was a clone.” I said, my eyes on the ground. “He didn't pull his punch before Kurogiri shut the gate. If he hadn't known, he wouldn't have taken the risk. Like with the Dabi clones. He couldn't ID the real one.”

“Still.” Compress said. “You need an outfit.” He pointed to the destroyed outfit I had worn.

“My hero outfit would be perfect, save for it being a pile of ash and charred metal.” I said.

“Than Giran can get you stuff.” Dabi said. “He's bringing stuff by soon, so we can tell him then.”

“Uh…” Toga said. “What are we gonna do about the Yakuza?”

“What do you mean?” Twice said.

“If the Yakuza Head is coming, what about his entire organization?” She said.

“If he joins us, we gain their forces.” Shigaraki said. “But if not, we can't have him telling anyone. He'll probably bring bodyguards.”

“So, we kill them before they leave if he says no?” Twice said. Shigaraki nodded, scratching his neck.

“We'll have the 'Trump’ Nomu stay outside. If we give it an order, it'll kill all of 'em outside.” Kurogiri said. “And everyone inside will fight The Head if it comes to it.”

“We’ll do our best.” Twice said. “I'll leave you all behind to fight if it gets too hard.” He contradicted himself, as only he can.

“Firecracker, write down what you want in your gear.” Compress said, tossing me a notepad. I nodded and thought. Everyone left the room, besides Dabi.

“Giran can get you what you want. He's good at what he does.” He said, sliding a black V-Neck on. I nodded and he left, going to the main room.

Gauntlets: Heat my arms by a controllable amount. Also absorbs my sweat.

Gloves: Gloves that use the stores sweat to increase my explosions but keep me safe.

Setting the pen down, I placed the notepad on a nearby table and stood up. Walking into the other room, I started some crossword that was on a table and sat down. I kept thinking about the look in All Mights eyes.