Leading A Charge

The day of the raid, and we were all ready. Almost a month after the provocation from the doctor, and we were ready to raid. The Forward Squad, Shigaraki, Twice, and Toga, were to meet with Chisaki. A week before today, Shigaraki had met with Overhaul and arranged for Toga and Twice to join Chisaki as honorary Yakuza members. Before they left, I ran the plan over with Twice, given Shigaraki would be busy talking with Chisaki when the raid starts. “Once we are sent on our own, I will go inside the house and open the door for ya guys.”

“Good.” Dabi said, adjusting his gauntlets. “Since we got our new support gear from Giran, we’ll be good to go for combat.” Toga adjusted her syringe devices, opening the needle tip, then closing it.

Shigaraki walked through the door, his hand mask on. “Our ride’s here. Let’s go.” Toga smiled and ran to the door, going outside. Twice followed, groaning. Shigaraki looked at me and spoke as he walked out the door. “The future of this organization relies on your plan working, Ground Zero. This better work.”

“It will.” Dabi said, looking at Shigaraki. “Don’t doubt the plan. It seems pretty hard to mess up, honestly. Just stick to what you’re supposed to do.” Shigaraki nodded, adjusting his hand mask. He walked out the door, Toga and Twice already having gone out. The other assault team,The Self Titled “Psycho Squadron” consisted of Dabi, Muscular, the Trump Nomu, and I. The rest, Compress, Spinner, Moonfish, and Kurogiri were the Relief Team, meant to ease the burdens of the others while we pull back. They also are supposed to keep any heroes who come from entering, or at least slow them down. The  Psycho Squad gathered around a small wooden table, save for Muscular, who was standing behind Dabi and me, given his large body wouldn’t fit around it.

“So, the doctor programed the Nomu to respond to the kid?” Muscular asked, rolling his shoulder. Dabi nodded, causing Muscular to groan in disappointment. “Why him!? He’s a stupid brat who wants to be a hero!”

With this, the Nomu grabbed Musculars collar, holding him still. “He’s given his all to this Organization.” Dabi said, shooting a look that would have surely killed Muscular if looks could kill. “So unless you’re willing to take the control from him by force, I’d shut the hell up and worry about this plan.”

Muscular clicked his tongue, then grabbed my collar. “Ight. That easy?”

“I wouldn’t do that.” I said, my Nomus hand still around his throat. “Unless you think you can survive 40,000 PSI to the windpipe.” With that, Muscular released my collar and pulled his collar away from the Nomu.

“Goddamn brat. Me being grateful for being free only goes so far.” He said, walking towards the door. “We all know our roles. Let's just this over with.” With that, his arm exploded into muscles as he punched the door off its hinges.

“Releasing me from Tartarus has its limits to how grateful I am, brat.” he said, his arm exploding into muscles. “We all know our jobs. Stop being so damn particular, will ya?”

“He’s securing our safety, you ungrateful prick.” Spinner said, walking up to the table, adjusting all of his small blades. “The kid did want to be a hero, after all. Even if his team is villains, he don’t wanna see us die.”

“Agreed.” Dabi said, walking past Muscular. “So shut your damn mouth and do your job.” Muscular growled, punching the solid stone wall, causing a huge chunk to fall off, leaving a fist impression. With that, my phone buzzed. Looking at it, I grinned.

“They arrived. Let’s go.” I said, showing my screen to everyone. Kurogiri’s body danced as I read the coordinates for him to warp us to. His warpgate opened up and we stood on our side, all looking into it. There was an invisible barrier blocking us from entering. The unspoken fear of the possibility of this plan failing. I swallowed the lump in my throat as Spinner wiped the sweat off his scaly forehead. Then, Dabi stepped up and walked through. The rest of us followed as if we were connected by an invisible rope. We emerged inside of a very Japanese house, a wall seeming to have a door without a handle slightly open. Kurogiri and the rest of the Relief Squad walked to the door, Moonfish wearing a padded version of his outfit from the forest. I pointed and the Nomu sent a punch flying through the wall, causing it to crumble. As soon as the rubble stopped, the Psycho Squad emerged through the hole in the wall, running full tilt towards Twice and Shigarakis trackers.

As we reached the 4 minute mark of running, we all smacked into an invisible wall, falling backwards. My Nomu only stumbled, releasing its new quirk on the barrier. New Quirk: Machine Gun Blows. Each of the punches, along with the other quirks, is capable of destroying a 2 inch cement wall. After countless blows and gusts of wind from the blows, the Nomu stopped on my order. “It seems to be pretty damn sturdy.” I said, placing my hand on it. As I did, a figure walked out of the hallway splitting off of this one. He wore a mask like Overhaul, but wore old Japanese style robes. Another figure emerged, one with very large fists, each one as big as Musculars head. He also wore a mask like Overhauls, but it had his entire head in it. “I know you..” I said, recognizing the large figure. Then, the large figure walked up to where the barrier was and chuckled.

Throwing a punch, his fist met the barrier, causing a large amount of dust to be kicked up on his side. He looked at his teammate and yelled, “Tengai! Pull down this goddamn barrier!” Tengai. Quirk: Barrier. And the big guy is Rappa, Quirk: Strongarm. A deadly combo.

“Master Overhaul told us to be careful of possible intruders.” Tengai said, looking at me. “It seems Shigaraki will pay with his life.” He went to touch his ear, but Rappa interrupted.

“I don’t care! I owe that creature payback for my arm!” he screamed. His bicep where the Nomu had latched on was wrapped in bandages. “So take this barrier down!” As he screamed, he shot past the barrier, backhanding me. I was sent flying as everyone else dodged, except my Nomu. A solid strike rang out in the narrow hall as Rappas fist struck Nomus chest. Before a chasm could open up, Rappa retracted his arm and started a series of lightning quick attacks, each sounding like a gunshot. After countless strikes, Nomu stood there, completely unphased as Rappa stood a few feet away. I stood up, wiping the blood off my face.

“Everyone, push past down another hallway.” I said, tossing my phone to Dabi. “I’ll use the Nomu against these two. Remember, this was practically a certainty.” Dabi nodded as everyone ran down the hallway just ahead of us. Rappa tried grabbing Dabi, but my Nomu let out a series of punches just as Rappa had. Each strike glanced off the barrier that had appeared in front of Rappa. “Keep going!” I screamed, hooking my left glove up. “You’re shield ain’t nothing!” Ducking to the side, I placed my hand against the barrier as more punches landed. Detonating the largest explosion I could, the smoke filled my side of the barrier.