Aftermath:Part I

The same Time, UA. Todoroki’s POV

As I unzipped my training jacket, I exhaled. Running my fingers through my hair, I felt the now scarred remains of my fight with Bakugou's clone. I had a gash across my head and deep cuts down my eye and on my jawline. My ear had also been almost blown off by an explosion, so the doctors had used a piercing of sorts to hold my ear together until it healed. After it was healed, I kept it in for appearance sake. It’s been weeks since the dorms were destroyed. Everyone moved back in with their parents, so I was back with my old man. I flapped my jacket, exhaling again. Hot…

(Credit to xiaoann for New Todoroki Pictures)

Walking back to the classroom in my school uniform, I passed Iida, who had bandages around his left arm, having burned it

Walking back to the classroom in my school uniform, I passed Iida, who had bandages around his left arm, having burned it. Some of the students had injuries that were easily healed by Recovery Girl, but others weren’t so lucky. The Principal had made the judgement that if our wounds were serious, but treatable, not to. “We must also allow students the stamina to overcome this blow to our school.” Thus, me, Iida, and Midoriya were left with our injuries.

“Todoroki.” Iida said, me stopping to actually talk. “Glad to see your injuries are getting better.”

“Same here.” I said, glancing at his face. He had a butterfly bandage on his cheek,holding shut a short but deep gash. “How’s your arm doing?”

“Almost all healed.” he said, touching it. “And my engines are almost completely healed, as well.”

“Great.” I said, smiling lightly. “At least we’re not all out of commision for good. And as far as Deku?”

“He’s almost perfectly healed, other than his arm being broken by Bakugou 2.0.” Iida said, looking at the ground. “Given the warning the doctors gave him about not breaking his arm, and how soon it was after last time…” He stopped talking, both of us knowing what he was implying. We continued walking to class, the temporary school building almost known by students. I passed Kendo of Class 1-B, her hand in a cast, and Tetsutetsu, his leg in a boot. I nodded to them, them nodding back.

Sliding the single glass door open, the entire class was there, except Bakugou and Midoriya. I found my seat and exhaled, loosening my tie. “Nice trim, Todoroki.” Sero said, smiling with his oddly long teeth. I smiled, looking at my desk. Then, the door opening, Midoriya walked in, his arm in an air cast. “Midoriya, glad you’re back!”

“Yeah, glad to see it.” Kaminari yelled, sitting on Jirous desk, talking to her. Midoriya flashed a quick, un-Midorya like smile, then walked to me and Iida.

“About the fight with Kacchans clone…” he said, not skipping a beat. “The techniques he used...no clone could know those. Only the real Bakugou could utilize his quirk like that.”

“Are you saying that the ‘clone’ was the real Bakugou?” I asked, rubbing my jawline scar. “He was fighting like he had a grudge. Maybe…”

“And how long has Bakugou been missing?” Iida asked, rubbing his shoulder.

“Since the day of the incident.” Midoriya replied. “He should be back by now.”

“Everyone, seats.” Aizawa said, walking to his podium. Everyone did, Midoriya telling us he’d talk to us later. “The principle doesn’t want us to tell you yet, but the new building is finished. We’ll be moving back next week.” The class usually would scream, but due to the looming fact that Bakugou might have actually turned traitor, we were all silent. “Hm. Also, the investigation regarding the disappearance of Bakugou hasn’t turned up any new leads. Sorry.” It had become routine for Eraserhead to tell us if anything new popped up. Nothing for the past week and a half. “In actual school news, we’ll be doing some rescue training. Get suited up and get on the bus to the USJ.”