New Dawn

Several Days later, and the top headline online was still ‘All Might killed Protecting UA from Villains, including Sports Festival Winner’ I was still in the makeshift hospital, my chest wrapped in bandages along with my arms. Apparently, Ujiko had a limit to how much he can heal one person at a time, so he had healed all my broken bones and left the rest for me to deal with. I stood up, my left arm tingling. I walked to the main room where Shoto and Dabi were talking, both holding steaming mugs. “Morning.” I said, clutching my side. Dabi raised his mug, acknowledging me.

“Morning, Firecracker.” he said, Shoto taking a sip of his coffee. “How’d you sleep?”

“Fine.” I said, sitting next to Frostburn. “Other than rolling onto my bruised ribs.”

“Well, Ujiko might swing by later to heal some more wounds.” Shoto said, setting his cup down. “Then some of your injuries might be healed up.”

“Good.” I said, pouring myself a mug of black coffee, then adding a little bit of creamer. “Can’t wait to not be in constant pain.” Sipping it, the taste shot through my body. 

“Yep.” Dabi said, exhaling. We all sat there, the obvious news not something me and Todoroki wanted to talk about. As we sat there, the door opened, Shigaraki standing there, Ujiko standing behind him.

“Ah, Ground Zero.” the doctor said, walking to me. He placed his hand on my ribs, the pain disappearing. “There and...here” he handed me a pair of bracelets. “They erupt into arm bracers on the spot, allowing bigger blasts. There is also a new suit in the other room.”

“Thanks old man.” I said, clicking them on. He turned to Todoroki, pulling a thin metal backpack out of his jacket. How? 

“A backpack that regulates your body.” Ujiko said, Todoroki grabbing it. “Don’t worry about melting or freezing it. It’s 100% temperature resistant.” Shoto nodded, slipping it over his shirt, clicking the front together. “And as for Dabi, a recruit.” He stepped to the side, Tomura already in the main mission briefing room. There stood a well dressed man with white hair, a short girl standing to his side. “The Gentle Criminal, and his Sidekick, La Brava.”

“Pleasure to meet you.” the man said, bowing. “I’m the social media villain, Gentle.”

“Never heard of ya.” Dabi said, sipping his coffee. “If ya like to make flashy crimes public, we don’t need you.” Ujiko looked at Dabi, reading him. “We don’t need a goddamn Jake Paul in our League of Villains. Get him out of here.” Ujiko nodded, Kurogiri’s warpgate opening up beside the duo.

“Sorry, you two.” he said. “Thought you might have a chance.”

“I understand. Let’s go, La Brava.” Gentle said, patting the girl on the head. They walked through the warpgate, it closing behind them.

“You ever thought we could use them as support?” Todoroki said, looking at Dabi. “They don’t all need to be mega-powerhouses like us three.”

“They would have sullied the League's name.” he said, standing up. “Doc, if you can do me a favor, run all recruits through me before you bring them.” The doctor, almost confused, nodded as Dabi walked to the main room.

“No chance he changes, huh?” Ujiko said, shrugging. “No helping it, then.” He snapped, exploding in ink. “Until next time, UA Traitors!” He disappeared in a puddle of ink, the TV suddenly shooting on. Looking at it, the headline read ‘All Might Public Funeral’. I swallowed, not able to change the channel. On the television, several people stood there on a stage, including world renowned inventor, David Shield, and his daughter. A lower third panel popped up, reading that information. Another was a short old man, a lower third reading ‘Pro Hero: Gran Torino (Retired)’

“And now, a moment of silence.” the announcer said, the thousands of people present all silent for 4 seconds. As the moment came to a close, I noticed I had been holding my breath. “Now, one of his students, Izuku Midoriya.” Deku?! On the TV, Deku limped up the stairs to reach the mic, his leg in a cast. He wiped his eye, both of them puffy and red.

“I’ve been thinking about what to say for 3 days.” he said, his voice wavering. “All I can think is a story about before the Sports Festival for UA. He told me to make it my time. He said ‘I’ll be watching for you to say ‘I am Here!’.” His body was trembling, a bandage on his forehead almost covered by his messy hair. “And now, he won’t be here for that. And what hurts most, is that…” he choked up, tears streaming down his face. “What hurts almost as much as him being gone, is that he protected me until his last breath. Me, of all people.” He wiped his face, then a loud explosion sounded from behind him. Smoke rushed out as a single man stood there, wearing a black suit.

“Ah. There you are.” the familiar voice called, red and black cords shooting out of his hand, piercing Deku’s shoulder, pulling him up to him, 100 feet over the crowd. “Now, your quirk, Young Midoriya.” A green aura surrounded the two as Deku struggled against the man.