Frostburn

It’s been about a week since I began investigating Bakugou and the Leagues movements. Undoubtedly, they’re working together. The biggest struggle is catching up with them. Luckily, before that cop interrupted me, I saw a bunch of dust, caused by Shigaraki’s quirk, ensuring I was on the right track. “If I can meet up with the League, I might get a chance at pulling Bakugou back.” Soon after I started investigating, I had received the vigilante name ‘Frostburn’. Walking back towards my house, I shrugged some frost off my shoulder. As I grabbed the doorknob, I felt a presence behind me. Spinning around, an ice dagger forming, a hand grabbed my mouth. Looking at the figure, I growled in anger. Raising my foot off the ground I planted it flat against the man's ribs and kicked him off. He slid back, chuckling.

“Long time, no see, Shoto Todoroki.” Dabi said,clenching his fist. “Or, is Frostburn better?”

“How long have you been following me?” I asked, the dagger melting.

“Since you left the raid location.” he said, placing his hand on the back of his neck. “Figured I could get a chance at Endeavor.”

“Well, no can do.” I said, forming another dagger, this time longer. “Can’t let anyone hurt my shitty old man.”

“Even you’re older brother, Shoto?” he asked, pointing at me. I sighed, frost breath blowing away. I had known since the camp. He had also been another reason I wanted to meet the League. He smiled, placing his hand on my shoulder. “Thought so. Now, do you think the old man wants to see me after all these years?”

“Touya, dad thought you had died after you ran away.” I said, walking past him, facing away from the house. He did the same, rubbing my head.

“Like the shave, Shoto.” he said. I knocked his hand away, causing him to chuckle. “Jeez. Talk about the cold shoulder.” I sighed, frost swirling around my arm. “Woah, Woah! No need to get serious. Also, I saw your little blue flames back there…”

“You better go before Endeavor sees us.” I said, wiping my eye. A tear came away. He looked at me, patted my shoulder, and walked away.

“See ya later, Yo-Sho.” he said, the shadows of the nearby trees swallowing him. I turned to the door and went in, the brightness of the house blinding me.

“Shoto!” Fuyumi screamed from the kitchen. I glanced over, Natsou sitting at the table. “I made soba!” I nodded, sliding my shoes off. I walked towards them, remembering one of the last memories I had of us as a full family...

“Shoto fell and grazed his knee.” Fuyumi said, all of us sitting around the kitchen table, except Endeavor. Touya helped mom hand out the plates, a wide grin on his face. Natsou was sitting next to me, distracting me from my knee. Fuyumi was standing next to my mom, talking about how my knee got hurt. 

Shaking my head, I sat with Natsou, Fuyumi setting a dish in front of me. “Welcome home, Shoto.” The window behind Fuyumi had a small blue flame outside of it, then it went out, causing me to smile.

After dinner, I sat in my computer chair, my “Extracurricular” Outfit on the table. I adjusted my wrist device, the metal bar coming off. I used a small screwdriver to tighten it, finishing the repairs. “All you can do ‘til you can blame it on training, right?”

I spun around, Dabi sitting on my bed. I sighed, taking the device off. “You are going to get my persona found out.”

“So? You don’t like playing the goody-two-shoes.” he said, standing up. “Together, we could cremate the old man. Think about how good you’d feel if we did that!”

I exhaled, my head hurting. I placed my hand on my temple, falling to the ground. I reached into my pocket, pulling out a pill container. Popping a few pills, my head cleared up. “That was sudden.”

“From your injuries from our raid?” Dabi asked, helping me up. I nodded, sitting in my seat. “Sorry. Sometimes Ground Zero doesn’t know when to ease up.”

“You mean Bakugou?” I asked, looking at him. “I that his Villain alias?”

“Yeah. Speaking of…” Dabi said, sitting back on the bed. “Ground Zero was really injured in the fight with Overhaul. His arms are…”

“You want me to meet with him?” I asked, sighing. He nodded again, me standing up. “Alright. Let’s go now. It’s a school night.” He smiled, pointing to the window. 

“Put on your fit and let’s go, then.” he said, grinning. I slipped my jacket off, then clipped it on the collar. I changed my pants, Touya sitting on the window ledge outside. When I was ready, I leapt out, landing with a thud. “Let’s go, Lil Bro.”