Exchanging Blows

As Nomu stood there, the smoke poured into the other side of the barrier. “Another!” a voice cried out as a fist flew towards my face. My Nomu almost didn’t make it, but the strike landed on its face, causing it not to be balanced. Each strike sent a burst of air out, blowing me back.

“Chest Gap!” I screamed, signalling my Nomu. Next thing I knew, a loud noise rang out, Rappa going for a single strike but being stopped by the barrier. My Nomu shut it’s chest as the barrier danced with light, looking almost… broken. “Barrage Strikes!” I screamed and Nomu struck faster than the eye can see, the barrier shattering.

“How!?” Tengai screamed as Rappa stepped closer to the Nomu. “My shield is unbreakable!”

“Clearly not!” Rappa said, Nomu still punching. Rappa exchanged blows, sending his own barrage out. The hallway was blasted out with air, making me grip onto the ground between tiles. My Nomu slowly approached Rappa, gaining ground. “NOW THIS IS A FIGHT, GROUND ZERO!” I stood up, tilting to stay upwards, and ran toward Rappa. Sliding under my Nomus legs, I raised my left hand, detonating a concentrated AP Blast. Rappa was sent flying back, his chest smoking. Tengai was able to create a small barrier, Rappas body bouncing off of it, but it shattered due to it having just been broken.

“T-This is bad.” Tengai said, scrambling to stand up. “Mister Overhaul has no idea how strong this thing…” He was silenced by a single Nomu Punch to the chest, causing him to black out.

“Give me a break.” I said, adjusting my gloves. “Thought this was gonna be a challenge…” Before I could finish, I pointed next to me, my Nomu racing there. A series of strikes landed immediately as I stood behind Nomu. “A Surprise Strike, Kendo Rappa!?”

“H-How…” he asked, allowing my Nomu an opportunity to open a chasm and clamp its new jaw shut on his hand. Due to his speed, he only had gashes on his arm from his elbow down. He jumped back, clutching his arm. “Tricky Brat!” He dashed forward again, drawing one arm back. I scoffed and signalled the Nomu to do the same. “A single blow!” I grinned as the fists landed, causing an explosion of air to send me flying back. I managed to wave my hand to the side, signalling another built up punch. Rappa did the same, each drawing their same hands. As their fists were about to land, Nomu opened a chasm in his hand, causing Rappas arm to disappear into Nomus. A clamp of a jaw caused Rappa to stumble back, holding a bloodied stump of his arm.

“Pathetic.” I said, standing up. “Now…” Nomu readied its second new quirk and I chuckled. “Say goodbye!” A single blow was sent out. A wide punch. Rappa was wide open, too preoccupied with his new life as an amputee. Before the killing strike landed, Nomu lost his balance, the strike landing against the wall. It exploded on impact as Nomu wobbled on its feet and so did I. “Sasaki…” I groaned, falling to my knee. Looking upwards, I saw a figure clinging to the ceiling, holding a bottle of alcohol.

“Hehe.” he chuckled, taking a drink. “Looks like The League has no honor. Unlike us.” With that, I gripped my left wrist and detonated a maximum explosion. The area covered blew the ceiling out, along with Sasaki. I felt my head clear up as I stood up. I heard rubble move, my Nomu standing back up. I walked down the hall that was covered in rubble and burnt stone. I gripped my left wrist, the explosion ringing my wrist.