Chapter 7- Secrets of the Past

"So...you're a Butterfly but...from the future?" Skywynne asked Star.

"Kind of...it's a long story. There was an adopted Butterfly somewhere in the timeline so like, I'm technically a butterfly but at the same time I'm not...but that's a story for another day." Star said to her.

"Oh. Well, how exciting! I never thought I would meet a future queen." Skywynne replied as she, Star, and the rest of the gang sat around the kitchen table while Marco stood by the oven, wearing a chef's hat.

"Actually, I'm not a queen. I mean, I was for 4 days but I gave it all up. That's another story for another day." Star said. She didn't exactly want to tell what happened, knowing that Eclipsa hadn't told Skywynne who she was yet. Star thought that perhaps she should respect her wishes. Once Marco heard the oven beep, he put on a pair of oven mitts on his hands, opened the oven door, and took out a tray with some delicious Mexican food on it. Marco put the food on a large plate and brought it over to the table, putting it down in the middle of it.

"Here you go, guys! Some homemade taquitos." Marco said, bowing, proud of his culinary masterpiece. They all took a taquito in their hands.

"Ooo, it's like a mini burrito." Star chuckled as Marco sat down in the chair next to her. "So cute!" She bit into it, happily moaning as she enjoyed the taste. Ponyhead stared at it before turning to Marco.

"Taco whato now?" Ponyhead wondered.

"Taquito, Ponyhead. It's a Mexican dish." Marco told her.

"Well...these tacatios are really good." Tom told him.

"Yes. They are quite delicious, actually." Eclipse added

"TA. QUI. TOS." Marco said, correcting their pronunciation. He took a bite into one of the taquitos, making a huge smile. "Oh man, when I open a restaurant, I'm going to be BIG!" Marco exclaimed. Star giggled at him before looking over at Skywynne, seeing her staring off into space. Star put a hand on her shoulder. "Sorry, this might be..um...a lot for you, I'm sure." Skywynne snapped out of it.

"Oh, no, no, no...this...explains a lot, actually." Skywynne said, looking down.

"Huh?" Marco muttered.

"How so?" Eclipsa asked.

"See, I was trying to figure out why my home changed so much and why I can't perform any magic. I-" Skywynne hesitated. "Okay, I am about to tell you something that I can't divulge to anyone else. Can I trust all of you to keep this a secret?" Ske asked, anxious to spill the beans.

"Yes. We won't tell anyone anything. Right guys?" Star asked everyone else in the room.

"Hey, you know me girl. I keep secrets all the time. You know that's how I am. I'm just so trustworthy." Ponyhead told her.

"In...other words, you can trust us." Tom said.

"All of us." Marco added as he took off his chef's hat and oven mitts. He placed them on the table and sat in the empty chair next to Star. Everyone nodded except for Janna, who was using her cell phone and wasn't even paying attention. "Right, Janna?" Marco asked.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Go ahead." Janna replied. Marco rolled his eyes before Skywynne took a deep breath, gained some confidence, and began to explain her situation.

"Alright...well...it all started back at Butterfly Castle. I was in my bedroom, practicing my spells for my upcoming third magic evaluation as queen." Skywynne told them.

"Wait, you had evaluations too...and there weren't just one?!" Star asked.

"Yes. I say, they are not fun." Skywynne replied.