Chapter 16- Safe Kid: EXTREME!

Tom and Janna dropped Star and Marco off at the Diaz household, being greeted by a worried Mr. and Mrs. Diaz outside the doorway. They noticed Marco helping Star stand up assisting her to the door.

"Wasssuppp Diaz parents." Star told them as they walked towards them. The Diaz parents gasped, seeing the hearts on her cheeks.

"Star! Your hearts!" Rafael exclaimed, pointing at her cheeks. Star groaned.

"Ohhhh here we go again." Star said to herself, rolling her eyes.

"I think it might be best if we explain all of that later." Marco told her.

"Gotcha. So, how did it go...other than the hearts, obviously?" Angie asked.

"Problem solved! The monsters and humans are getting along and everything's pretty much all hunky-dory now." Marco explained. He noticed his parents all gussied up and dressed pretty nicely. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Oh, your father found out about this new restaurant in the center of town. We just thought we'd give it a try." She explained before noticing Star's face grimace. "Star? Are...are you hurt?" Angie asked them, very concerned.

"Don't worry, Mom. She's fine." Marco told her.

"Yeah, guys. It's just a taser wound. Nothing major." Star added as she held her side. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz gasped.

"A taser wound?!" Angie exclaimed.

"Wait...did you get in trouble with the law?" Rafael asked, concerned.

"...no, Dad." Marco told him, giving him a straight face.

"Yeah. Seriously, Marco's like, the king of rule-following." Star said.

"Uhhhh...he was talking about you, Star." Marco told her. Star waved her hands about, feeling as if she was being incriminated for going against the law.

"Wait, why would you think I broke the law?" Star asked.

"...really, Star? You're pretty much the definition of a rebel." Marco replied with a raised eyebrow.

"He's right, you know." Glossaryk told her from inside her head.

'Look, it was all for a good cause, alright?" Star replied. "Anyway, it shouldn't take long before I'm back on my feet. It'll take like, a day at most."

"Yeahhhh no. Make that two or three days." Marco corrected her.

"Oh, please. I've been through worse than this." Star said, letting go of Marco, trying to walk normally on her own. Suddenly, she felt a burning pain again at her side. Star grabbed her side instantly, wincing from the pain.

"I state my case." Marco said with a smirk. Star glared at him, having trouble accepting the fact that he was actually right about this. Star didn't want to be hurt right now. She wanted to go out and explore now that one dilemma was cleared up. She honestly hated sitting still. She just craved adventure and thrill-seeking. Instead of saying close to anything, she grumbled and limped away past Marco's parents.

"You know I'm right, Star!" Marco called out to her.

"Tomato tamato!" Star replied. Marco and his parents gave her a raised eyebrow.

"You didn't even use that saying correctly!" Marco told her. Angie put a hand on his shoulder.

"Just give her some time, Marco. She'll start to realize she needs to recover a bit." Angie told Marco.

"I know, mom." Marco replied. Clanging and banging were suddenly heard from inside the house. "...I knoooowww she's about to do something risky! Star?!" Marco exclaimed, making his way around his parents and into the house. He turned his head to the kitchen, seeing Star frozen in mid-movement, trying to reach for the Sugar Seeds at the very top shelf inside one of the wall cabinets. There were broken plates and cups all over the floor.