Chapter 31- When The Past Comes Back To Haunt You

Star and the gang arrived back at the Diaz residence as Tom parked the car on the side of the road. Marco helped a very weary Star get out of the car as Janna did the same with Skywynne. They felt better than they did, but they were still feeling very weak and woozy from Mina's ray gun. Tom made his way in front of his friends, opening the door for everyone to walk into the house. As they walked in, they noticed that the house was slightly back in order. River and Marco's parents must have cleaned it up a bit while everyone was gone. Marco went over to the living room light switch and flipped it upwards, revealing a sleeping River on the couch.

"Dad?" Star called out. River shot up with a loud battle cry.

"Aaaaahhhh!" River yelled as he held his fists up, ready for combat. He noticed no one was coming at him. Frozen stiff, he turned his head slightly, seeing that everyone was back, staring at him with blank eyes. "Star! Marco! Sorry. I must have...fallen asleep while on watch!"

"Really? That's not like you at all." Marco said.

"Yeah. You never fall asleep on patrol." Star said.

"It is strange, indeed. Yes." River spoke.

"Hey uh, nothing happened while we were gone, right? Like nothing...you know...changed or-" Star asked. After realizing that there were only 14 men with Mina, she was hoping nothing happened to anybody.

"Why, no! Everything has been in tip-top condition since you all left!" River said before noticing Star's and Skywynne's condition as she took a seat on the sofa. "Star? Are you feeling alright? What happened?"

"Mina might have...taken some of my life essence with this ray gun thing." Star said as she pretended her fingers were bullets.

"Yes. It was...not pleasant." Skywynne said, placing her hand on her forehead.

"And Marco, Janna, and I were attacked by some of Mina's men." Tom added.

"I might have led one of them to stable employment." Janna said, pointing a finger in the air.

"What?" Star spoke.

"Long story. I'll tell you later...when I feel like it." Janna said. River stared blankly at everyone from all the information being thrown at him.

"So uh...your prank magic didn't work then?" River asked.

"Nope. What's worse is that Mina has magic, which is exactly what we tried to prevent." Star groaned. "Now we have to figure out how to stop her and-"

"No, Star. What we need to focus on is you and Skywynne getting better." Marco said.

"How can I focus on that when the only thing on my mind is the fact that Mina is planning something that might destroy our home...again?" Star asked.

"We'll figure it out." Marco said. "Besides, you might be able to focus on that better once you feel better."

"Hey. Question. What exactly happens when someone's life essence is stuck out of a person?" Tom asked.

"Yeah, and how are you supposed to get someone better after something like that?" Janna asked.

"I uh...I have no idea. I just feel...so tired." Star said.

"You wanna go take a nap? Maybe that'll help." Janna said.

"Yeah. Good idea. " Star said as she stood up, taking her time towards the steps. She looked up at all the stairs, feeling way too weak to even attempt to climb up all of them. "Summoning...cloudy charm." Star said, putting her hand out in front of her. Her hand began to glow...