Chapter 18- Just Like Old Times...Sort Of

"Oh my gosh! Jackie! Jackie! Jackie!" Star exclaimed as she let go of Marco to hug her. Jackie chuckled as she was embraced by her good friend while Marco stood there, frozen and a bit embarrassed after his ex-girlfriend caught sight of him kissing Star.

"What's up, you two?" Jackie responded with a smile, patting Star on the back. They let go of each other after a few seconds. She turned her face to Marco. "Hey." Jackie waved at him.

"Uh..." Marco cleared his throat. "Hi...there...uh...Jackie." He told her, sweating like a pig in the water.

"Dude, you okay?" Jackie asked.

"Yeah, Marco. You look like you're melting." Star added.

"Uh...yeah. I'm okay. I'm just a bit...uh..." Marco said.

"Chill out, Diaz. You have the right to kiss your girlfriend in front of me. It's cool. What else you do with Star is your business." Jackie told him.

"Oh. Okay." Marco anxiously chuckled. His eyes suddenly went wide. "Wait, what do you mean when you say what else we-" Marco started before Star interrupted.

"Ahh I'm so happy you're here!" Star exclaimed, hopping as she stood in the seawater.

"So you're not going to explain what you just said?" Marco tried to say again. Jackie and Star unintentionally ignored everything he was saying, mainly because they were so excited to see each other.

"Same to you, Star!"Jackie replied.

"Why do I even bother." Marco said, dropping his head down as he facepalmed.

"I'm glad to see you both finally came to your senses." Jackie chuckled. Marco shifted his palm away from his one eye.

"Wait, what?" Star wondered as Marco lifted his head up.

"I'm talking about you two being a thing now! It's about time." Jackie said to Marco as he walked over to her.

"Oh! Well...thanks!" Marco chuckled.

"So, who confessed first? Give me all the details." Jackie said, eager to know the full story.

"Well, it was Marco who started it...well not on purpose because you know, we were in the realm of magic and we got all loopy loops. Anyway, this adorable man..." Star said as she booped Marco's cheek. Marco reciprocated with a giggle before Star rested an arm on his shoulder. "...told me that he loved me."

"Awww. How sweet!" Jackie said with enthusiasm.

"I...know! He couldn't remember it afterwards though because you can't remember anything that happens in the realm of magic. So then we were in this pig goat barn that smelled like poop and stuff and I told him what he told me." Star leaned closer to Jackie to whisper something to her. "You should've seen the look Marco gave me. He looked like something hit him right in the face." She said quietly...although Marco could still hear exactly what he said. Marco's face turned red.

"Hey! I was in shock!" Marco added.

"Uh-huh. Sure. Anyway, that's when he told me he's felt like this since the beginning but was afraid to tell me because he thought I wanted to stay friends which like...that's far from true, you know? So we kissed and all that jazz and...yeah. Now here we are." Star told him.

"Well, what can I say other than I'm happy for the two of you." Jackie said, being super supportive.

"Thanks...even though I'm sure I didn't have that face." Marco corrected Star.

"Yes, you did." Star replied. "Speaking of which, where's Chloe?"

"Oh, she's over there catching some waves." Jackie said, pointing to Chloe out in the distance, surfing her heart out on a gigantic wave using a neon green surfboard. "Montre-nous quelques mouvements, Chloé!" Jackie exclaimed to her. Star and Marco wish they knew french so they could know what she just said. Chloe nodded before doing a few backflips and handstands on her surfboard. Star and Marco watched in amazement.