Chapter 9- The Return of Two Old Friends

The lights were on, which made Star and Marco fully visible to everyone around them. They tried everything they could to shut the alarm off in the car and turn those darn lights out. However, nothing was working. Marco became frustrated.

"Ahhhh come on, you stupid car!!!!!!" Marco yelled, slamming the dashboard with his hands in fists. Suddenly, the alarm shut off and the lights went off, leaving the two of them with blank stares.

"Huh...it was that easy the entire time." Star shrugged. Marco did the same before looking to his left, seeing Tom glancing over at them with squinted eyes.

"He's looking this way!" Marco said as he watched Tom get out of his car. He began to walk towards Marco's vehicle.

"He got out of the car. He got out of the car!!!" Marco yelled, being sent into a full-fledged panic.

"Okay...this is a setback..." Star said. Marco gently grabbed Star's arms.

"Setback?! Star! This guy has fire powers!...and anger issues and...oh, did...did you hear me mention the fire powers?" Marco exclaimed, letting go of Star's arms and pointing over at Tom.

"Poop...and it was going so well too!" Star voiced nervously.

"May this be a lesson to you, Star. This is why spying is bad!...that is...unless it's for the good of the world like if we were spying on an evildoer or something. That's the only exception though!" Marco said to her. Star opened up the glove compartment, revealing a few items. She snapped her fingers as she took the items out of it.

"I got it! Star exclaimed. As Tom continued to walk slowly towards the car, Janna watched him walk away. She called him out.

"Hey, where are you going?" Janna asked.

"Oh, uh, just over to that car...right over there." Tom said, pointing to Marco's Hidasta Dust. Janna raised an eyebrow. As Janna and Tom conversed, Star and Marco continued to formulate a plan.

"Well, looks like your pops left a few things in here. We can use these little babies to our advantage." Star said, holding a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap that had a few words on it. Marco looked at the items in her hands.

"Okay. Well, put 'em on. Tom's distracted. He's talking to Janna right now so we have time." Marco said before looking up at Star. She was smirking. "No...ohhhhh heck no! I'm not wearing it!"

"Trust me! Tom's more gullible than you think! Plus, he's so used to you wearing your red hoodie that he'll have even more trouble knowing it's you!" Star said.

"Why can't you wear it? You know Tom better than I do!" Marco said, panicking some more.

"Exactly! Tom and I know each other a lot better than the two of you do. He'll be able to recognize me! Come on, Marco. Do iiiiiiiit." Star said to him. Marco groaned.

"Fine." Marco said as he put on the baseball cap and sunglasses. He took his red hoodie off of his neck and threw it to the backseat of the car. Star suddenly got up out of her seat and hopped over it, hiding in the back. "Wait, where are you going?!" Marco asked as he put on the baseball cap and sunglasses.

"If he sees me, he might put the pieces together! Pretend I'm not here!" Star said as she ducked, making herself scarce. She looked down, seeing a black ball-point pen on the ground. "Oh, wait!" Star exclaimed. She leaned forward, grabbed Marco's face, and started drawing on it.

"Ah, Star! What are you-" Marco said, squinting. Star stopped after a few seconds.

"Aaaaand there." Star said to herself. Marco stood stiff, a little afraid not knowing what was put on his face.