Chapter 9

Love-Hate

I hate him. But he seemes to have a soft side on his heart. But I know guys like him. He's dangerous. Not easy to judge. I'm a practical lawyer but I can't tell what he is playing.

He may be playing but he can be sincere. But how do I know?

Let's see if he'll break his promise. I held tight to my books. Next is algebraic math. I hope Praia is here, though.

I lingered my eyes to the room and saw Praia at the end. "Hey,"I greeted. She turned to me and smiled.

*********
I secretly went to the library. Zanelo was calling me. I opened the door slowly. Zanelo was arranging the papers.

"Oh you're here,"he smiled. What an old man. He got a few more teeth. "Yeah,"I said simply and lingered my eyes to the room.

My head burned when I saw the book Pride and Prejudice at the table. Did Rubious read that?

"I just want to ask that how's your life here? I heard from the maids that you cried yesterday,"oh fuck that maids!

"No, I'm not,"I shook my head. He grinned. "I'm an old man, Entice. I know when people lie... Is it because of Rubious?"he raised an eyebrow.

What a wild guess! Zanelo is indeed an old man!

"No. Why would I cry for that lunatic?"I rolled my eyes while remembering what he said that I don't exceed his damn bitches.

"Yeah, why would you? Unless you like him,"

I froze. Me? Like Rubious? Hell no! Never gonna happen. "Like his ass, you mean?"I rolled my eyes. He even thought of me as not a woman!

"I hope you had a nice time in here... Especially, taming Rubious,"he said. Oh since when did I tried to tame him?

"I didn't even tried so,"I commented. He smiled wickedly. "Okay but it seemed like you had made your first move... At the company, women waited for Rubious but he ignored all of them and continued his work,"

Oh? But what if Rubious has manipulated Zanelo? Tss! I'm a lawyer! I need another damn witness.

"It's none of my business,"

My breathing hitched when I remembered to not date any women until I'm out of this mansion.

Was that part of taming him?

Fuck it!

"Hm... I suppose you'll change your mind soon. That man, days ago, I saw him running with a woman in the beach,"he rolled his eyes. I grinned because of his reaction.

He smiled at me when he got what I thought. "I got your roll-eyes virus,"he commented.

"You got it,"I snap my fingers. "Do you need something?"he asked. Then I thought of Feyro. "Can I visit Feyro? Or just update me about him?"I asked.

He frowned. "Maybe he'll be discharged the day after tomorrow. I'll ask Fineas to update about him, too,"he said.

"Okay. Thanks,"I smiled and left him.

"Oh shit!"I held to my chest. Rubious cleared his throat. "Are you okay there, Entice?"I heard Zanelo.

I looked at Rubious once again. It's 11 in the night. Why is he damn awake?

"I-I'm fine,"I said as I closed the door. "What are you doing here? And with Grandpa?"he raised an eyebrow.

"None. Of. Your. Business,"I said while crossing my arms in my chest. He pouted.

"Then why are awake in the middle of a late night?"

"Then why are YOU awake in the middle of a late night?"I echoed, asking him the same question. He smirked. "You really know how to fireback,"he said.

Of course, I'm a daughter of an estate lawyers. That's my speciality in my family.

"My speciality?"I asked. He grinned. "I have a question. As your debator, you must have a real sense of logic?"he asked.

Logic? Maybe?

"Then?"

"A purple house is made of purple bricks and the red house is made of red bricks what is the green house made of?"

"Glass,"I said coldly. He smiled and clapped his hands. "How fast,"he commented.

Seriously? I know that riddle. When my tutor in criminology asked me that, I almost had a turmoil.

"Get out of my way. I want to sleep now,"I said as I pushed him out of my way. He went to my left.

"I'll escort you,"

"I don't need an ugly escort like you, Roi,"I said as I faced him. My head was looking up because of his tall height.

"I'm not ugly. I'm not handsome, either. I'm just perfectly perfect,"he grinned.

"Yow?"damn that was deep.

"Yow?"he chuckled. I only shook my head and rolled my eyes. Maybe, I'll add that to my page. I haven't posted these days.

Perfectly perfect.

"You're such a sarcastic, Roi. Where is your brain?"I asked. He raised his both shoulders.

"Probably went to someone,"he smiled. "Yow?"I raised an eyebrow. "Yow,"he chuckled again.

"You really are sarcastic. Are you in love or what?"I asked while going down stairs. "Maybe? By the way, nighty night,"he greeted.

I froze. I turned to him in an alarming way. "Did you just say 'nighty night'?"I asked.

"I am. Good night, Entice,"he waved his hand while grinning. I raised my middle finger. "Have a good night, too, Roi,"I rolled my eyes.

Rubious chuckled. "You just greeted good night to me? I thought you hate me?"he raised an eyebrow.

"Love-hate relationship?"I asked myself before closing the door of my quarter and left him outside. W-wait...

What did I say!?

Lo.. Ve? H-hate? Relationship? Oh fuck off, Entice! I opened my door but he was already walking towards his room happily with his hands behind him and his mullet hair swaying.

Oh damn.