Chapter 15

Stop

I arrived at the stadium and I asked Ionah to get me. We we're picked to represent the Stanfield University so... I'm a bit out of place. I'm a transferee but I had this talent called dancing, though.

"Entice! Over here!"

I turned to the left.

"Bitch,"

I turned to my right and my eyebrows creased when I saw her at the bleachers with her fucking... Is this fashion show?

"I'll leave you,"Fineas said behind me. I twitched my lips. "You'll leave or you'll watch somewhere?"I whispered, in case Ionah hears us.

He remains his cold face but his eyes usually... Darts behind me. "I'll... Probably watch somewhere but not too far,"he whispered.

I sighed. "Okay. Be careful, too,"I said.

"What we're you whispering about?"

My breathing hitched when I heard Ionah from behind. I turned to her and she grinned. "Your... Boyfriend?"she asked while looking at Fineas head to foot. Fineas is hella tall man while Ionah is a bit shorter than me.

"No. Why?"

"Hm... Nothing,"she had this... Poker face. As if she's judging if Fineas is a right man for me. She's a friend but we're not that close. She's a doctor student. And... I guess a relative of Arcadejas?

"I'll go now,"Fineas said coldly.

I saw in the corner of my eyes that Ionah's eyes narrowed."Why are you asking her?"she innocently asked. I sighed. She really thought that Fineas and I had something.

"So what?"Fineas fired back. Ionah's eyes went wide at his cold and short reply. I chuckled awkwardly.

I pushed Fineas away while his furrowed eyebrows and eyes is still at Ionah. "Just go,"I half groan and whisper.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Wow? He rolled his eyes? He left us and went in to the car. I can't see his face because it was tinted. I turned to Ionah again and she looked like an annoyed kid.

"I swear... No one dared to talk to me like that like what the fuck? I mean, I'm Ionah Mariz Arcadejas,"she scoffed.

I turned to her. My mind was virused with Entice Arcadejas and I just reacted to it.

"How are you related to Arcadejas?"I said as I put the bag at the bleachers since our trainor isn't here, yet.

"My grandpa is Zanelo's little brother. I know... Zanelo's story but Zafion, my grandfather was out of it. He was sent out of the country but I heard he helped Zanelo... A bit but it was a fail. In the end, Zanelo never got her woman,"she raised her both shoulders.

I blinked. Zanelo... Zafion... And Zion. Right. "Oh. By the way, you know Rubious Arcadejas?"my heart skipped a beat when I heard his name.

"Uh.. Yeah, he happened to be my classmate at the World Literature,"my voice croaked when I suddenly remembered that there's kinda a bit barrier on us because of his pity.

"Yeah. I saw him here earlier,"

My eyes widen. She grinned at my reaction. "He was... Kinda looking at you. He left, when he noticed me lookin' at him while you and that... Chicky man talked,"she pointed at the car.

I gulped hard. He's not here for me, right? I mean, I don't know if there's something he had to do here but... Why would he go through the here? The stadium? There's another way to get to the campus.

"The trainor is here! So, no more talks,"the leader of the dance troupe announced. The boys arranged the speakers. I sighed.

I wiped my sweat after a few while of dancing. Cheer dance for correction and I'm not usually up into stunts but I need to.

I ran to the center and dive rolled.

My lips parted when my back hurts. "Ouch ouch,"I sighed and tapped my shirt in case, there's dirt.

I saw Fineas went out of the car. I twitched my lips. His eyebrows furrowed. "I'm fine,"I mouthed. He sighed and nodded.

I looked at my team mates again to ready for another stunt. Ionah and me ran to the front, cartwheeled then... Split!

I bit my lip. It's been a while since I split my legs. My breathing hitched when I saw Rubious at the tree, I can't see his body clearly because of the bleachers but I know that it's him! And he's looking at me!

His arms crossed, his eyebrows furrowed, his mullet hair swaying and with his doctor's uniform. Uniform? So they had internship even at Saturdays?

Well, he looks good with a doctor's robe. But he can't just look at me like that!

"Okay, another. There's still mistakes,"the trainor complained. I sighed and stood up. I looked at Ionah and our eyes met.

"You saw him?"she rose an eyebrow. I nodded simply. There's no need to deny. "They still have internship at Saturdays? Why don't he just be a doctor directly? I mean, he's an Arcadejas. He has the power,"I said while shooing the dusts in my shirt.

She smiled. "That's an Arcadejas. Start from the scratch,"she said as she lined up behind me to start dancing again.

I bit my lip to stop smiling. He's a humble man, huh? While I lived in the mansion, every week, different woman.

I gulped hard. Why do I feel suddenly that someone is watching me?

I unconsciously turned behind. I tilted my head so I can see the campus. My hand flew to my mouth when my eyes adjusted to see from afar.

"IONAH!"

"Huh?"

It's a man! With a sniper! I heard a gunshot and I panicked. No! No,  not Ionah, please. I was about to protect her but Fineas pushed her away and they both fell.

The... Bullet is coming for me.

People are running while me... Waiting for the bullet to hit me at my body. I closed my eyes and waited for it.

Until, I felt pain at my back and head.

Did I fell?

I breathed for air and opened my eyes. Rubious is in top of me! He gulped hard. He looked at the left and stood up quickly.

"Wh-wh-what just happened?"Ionah stuttered. I stood up, too and looked at Fineas and Rubious running towards the campus to catch the guy.

I almost got hit. And Ionah. Fineas saved Ionah and Rubious... Saved me. My heart raced. You really can't stop for sacrificing. I hope it will be... Somehow, worth it. Then, suddenly I shivered in fear for the first time. Thinking again that Fineas and Rubious chased the man.