Chapter 34

Get you

Minutes later, he went back to his own ward or his doctor might smack him. Rehena is getting annoying. She's telling me if I don't obey here, my nerves might get destroyed and can't walk.

She's telling me that many times until the next day. She stopped me for going to the canteen and I should've asked a nurse when it came to check me. As if.

"Do you know Professor X of the X-men? He got shot in the lower spinal and couldn't walk anymore,"

I lazily looked at her. "Yeah. I know him,"I said as I ate porridge. She scowled. I looked at her. "Why are you here, anyway? I heard Gian is also your patient because you're not allowed to be Rubious' doctor because of that protocol that relatives couldn't do that,"I said as I watched her reaction.

She's still scowling. "Don't remind me of that. Leon is with him for now,"she said and just like what I expected. Of course, Leon wouldn't leave Gian and if his brother is here, he wouldn't leave him either.

Someone knocked the door. I figured that it's not Rubious. He wouldn't knock like ever. "Come in,"Rehena said and stood up.

The doors revealed my parents. Their eyes were wild as if they didn't get a sleep at all. My eyes widen when my Mom started to cry and walked towards me.

Okay. This is awkward. I know I did some sacrifice before. Hiding myself instead of them hiding me but I kinda hated them for keeping me in the dark always.

Rehena said to refrain of hugging too much and my Mom nodded. Rehena smiled at me and excused herself. I glanced at my Father who is studying me.

Great. "How are you? Is your back fine? Did the doctor said for any bad results?"she asked. Father stepped in. "She's an Arcadejas,"he simply said.

Mom's eyes widen. "Oh. I can't believe it. It's an honor,"she grabbed my hand. I just let her be. I wonder what happened to them while I was gone. Did they panic? Did they think finally that they could loose me anytime?

"Arcadejas are such great doctors. I never thought they will be treating you, just a normal patient for them,"she added.

"We're friends. And she definitely took me as a patient because of Rubious,"I glanced again at Father. I got a feeling he doesn't approve of him. Since, Rubious was known as playboy before.

Father sighed. "I heard... That he got a daughter- I didn't mean to look at his private life-"

"Oh! You didn't! Emelio, that's his private life could you please stop using your power for that thing? They also have rights to keep privacy, too,"Mom said angrily.

Oh gods. I hope he doesn't use this against Rubious. I... I know it's true that he had a daughter and he should focus on them. But what could I do? What could I help? They left already and asking Rubious to not to find them.

"It's fine. I'm fine. Th-they left. They accepted it,"I stuttered. I suddenly want to be alone. Of course I'm still hurting here. The fact that he had a daughter... It seemed so unreal.

"He's a jerk, Enticeana,"my Father grumbled then Mon glared at him. He sighed. "Fine. I do not approve of him but I will for you,"he said then left the room. Probably to talk with Rubious, I know that.

"I love him, Mom,"I said.

She nodded. "I know I know. Your Father is giving you chance. It... It was just like this for us,"she sighed again then smiled.

"I wonder what kind of story you two have,"I said. I was never close with my family. The only people I was close to was Feyro and Fineas. I also considered them family.