Chapter 26

Moment

My hands trembled when I heard that. "Daddy, you're here!"she went to Rubious and hugged him. I gulped hard.

This can't be right. Maybe she's mistaken. She's just mistaken, En. Calm down. Take a deep breath and think that she's just mistaken.

"R-Riza, you should go back to your Mom. Maybe she needs you,"Rubious said in a cracked voice. I stared at my hands in the table.

Or maybe she's really not mistaken.

"Okay. Entice, you should visit us and Mom, pleeeaaaseee,"I can imagine her puppy eyes but I still didn't look at her.

"Y-yes. I will visit l-later,"I breathed. I can imagine her excited nod. "Okay. Bye, Daddy. Bye, Entice,"her footsteps were now gone.

And it was my signal to leave too.

I stood up, still looking at my hands and feet in the ground. I don't want to see his face because I might break. But why? When?

"En, don't leave me,"his begging voice went in to my mind. I want to ask him. I want to ask him why. His daughter, Riza, she felt that she's just a useless person because Rubious doesn't support her that much.

"Please, let's talk about th—"

"I don't want to. Go to your daughter, she might need you,"I coldly said. I heard his sigh.

I'm not angry in the fact that he had a daughter. Halfy, so. But the thing that's giving me fury is why does he focus on me when he had a family?

Maybe I'm meant to live in pain forever.

"But Entice, I really didn't mean it I—"

"I don't want to talk to you right now. Maybe next time,"I said simply and walked away. "Okay, I will wait,"I heard him then ignored his last sentence.

I never knew that I'll feel broken again. He promised that it will be only me. But he had another woman years ago. According to Riza's age. It's just years ago.

I don't know when. But the pity is the one that's making me guilty.

He focused on me while he had a family to take care of. Is he an idiot? Has he lost his mind? I wiped my tears. I know the feeling of longing for a parent's attention.

Riza must've been lonely.

I wiped ny tears again and breathed heavily. I went to Gian's room. Which I looked out for because he's talking nonsense.

I entered his room and saw him talking with Leon with his convincing face.

"If our memories was removed why is yours still there?"Leon asked. "I don't know, okay? Aren't you feeling weird after the mission. Like it was done too fast. This happened to me before and I think she can't remove my memories be—"

"Because of the same phenomenon before? Gian, you really hit your head hard,"Leon massaged his forehead.

"Hey,"I greeted them. They looked at me and smiled. I raised a middle finger.

"You heard that, right? He thinks that a woman removed our memories. Like how the fuck did she do that?"he asked himself while raising his both hands.

"Should we check his head?"I said sarcastically. "She had a power, Leon. Remember the Wrax Organization? They chase people with magics,"Gian explained. "Are they involved in our mission?"I asked.

Gian sighed. "I don't know,"he said. "And are magical people real? They're just in the books, Gian,"Leon sipped on a water.

Somehow, Gian was convincing us that it's real. I didn't talk much and just listened to his nonsense rants about Wrax and magical people.