Chapter 20

Start

"I said get out,"I said calmly to him. What does he expect? After the whole world was fooled that he was dead then he showed up suddenly? Should I accept him open arms!?

"En, I'm so sorry,"

That monster from the past showed up again.

"I may haven't courted you, yet. But I will surely do when I return,"

I may have left him but I relied on that. I assumed that after I leave him, he'll come to me. But instead, I was hopeless.

"You said... Y-you will return and court me,"I tried very much to stop my tears. His lips trembled. He closed his eyes tightly.

"Fuck. Just change and after it, we'll talk away from here,"he opened his eyes filled with mixed emotions. He doesn't know what to do.

I sighed and turned around and put the t shirt and pajama. "Done,"I declared. I turned to him and he was just sitting there, eyes closed and very stressed.

"Wh-where should we talk? What if someone knows you?"I asked. He turned to me and faced me seriously.

"Darius had a house near here. I don't usually go out so I won't be noticed and I got this place as my back,"

My eyebrows furrowed as I don't get what he said. "What do you mean?"I asked. He sighed. "I'm a member of Swiss C'anard. Just years ago before I met you,"he confessed.

My jaw dropped.

Fuck. Calm down, En. Of course, you know he's a jerk. "You're such a jerk. I want to punch your face,"I angrily said.

"Do that later but shall we go outside? Only few people knows that I'm still alive,"he briefly explained. I tilted my head. "Does that... Include your Mom?"I asked.

He shook his head. What the hell happened? Why is he alive? Is it really true that his enemy that time is Bernard's goons?

I got a feeling that it's not.

"Where should we talk, dead man?"I asked. He sighed. "At Darius' house. He's at work today,"he said as he turned his back to me.

I sighed. I guess I had no choice but to listen his excuse?

We went at the parking lot only to find a fancy black Lexus that he went unto! Okay, you're rich. I know it, I really do.

I have my own car, too but I don't usually use it. Because I'm fucking humble. But where should I get in? Back seat?

I followed my brain to go to the back seat. I ignored his eyes on me. He can complain but I won't go beside him. He turned on the engine and went off.

It's kinda awkward to be silent in this shit. "So... Why were you staying at Darius' house? Knowing Arcadejas family, you all might have houses,"I broke the silence.

His hand tightened on the steering wheel. "I... Am not ready to answer that. Just give me a little bit of a minute,"he sighed.

Is he really that problematic?

"Then, does Zanelo old-man knows you're freakin' alive? I bet he'll have a heart attack,"I bravely said. I got the right to complain this shit. Even though... I was planning to break up with him. Even when we had nothing.

"You call him that? Are you close with my grandfather? I never heard someone calls him 'Zanelo' directly,"

"Of course, we're close. He had sense of humor. He should just visit my Facebook page. I like his sense of humor much. But of course, sometimes I call him 'Sir',"I smiled.

"My answer to your question is 'yes'. He knew from the start,"

My jaw dropped.

"What!?" I slammed my hand at the front car seat. He chuckled. "Yeah, it's true,"he said. "Call that old man! I thought both of us are fucking friends! I should fucking assasinate him later!"I yelled at myself.

"You're cute,"

"Yeah, thanks. Wait—what?"I turned to him but he didn't even look at me! How funny. A while ago, I was very angry to him because of his fake death but now... I seem to be more calm.

"We're here,"

Oh. I expected to be more far.

"Are you ready to answer my questions now?"I said when I got out. His lips thinned and he nodded. "You deserve the truth,"he smiled.

"Let's go in,"