Chapter 38

Rest

I don't want to die, yet. Rubious was finally with me after many years. Even if I get freedom in the heavens, I still want to have time with him. I can't leave him like that.

I opened my eyes but there were almost no muscles cooperating. I smelled hospital again. "Doctor Jahrid will perform her surgery,"

I'm getting surgery, then. My Father turned to me when they brought me to the ER to stop the bleeding first and make me stable until I go in to the OR. "Entice,"he sobbed as I went to a room  with transparent curtains.

"Emelio!"I heard my Mother call him. "Don't come here. Let's go to the waiting—"

My eyes feel so heavy. But I managed to see my Mother crying while clinging to my Father's shoulders. I smiled. I saw the Doctor in the corner of my eye that he was surprised. He turned to my family. I knew him. He's Rubious cousin in law.

"You will live,"he whispered then put bunches of bandages and gauze at my stomach. "Staples,"it made me a little alert. They're going to fucking put a stapler in my body.

But I didn't feel any pain. They've must've put something in me. "Transfer her to the OR,"I feel so dizzy that I want to take multiple medicines. Everything went white but I can still hear whispers.

They're worried.

Where's Rubious?

"Fucking dumb ass. Make sure he rots in prison!"

"Shut up, Rubious,"

Ah. He's here. "It's... Damn it. Why did she let him shoot her?"I want to answer him but I knew I was moving with a stretcher. "Ask her when she wakes up, idiot. I'll operate on her,"

I sighed. Of course I'll be hearing his tantrums. Why not?

*******

I wasn't fully awake. But I can hear beeps, my own breathing and footsteps. Probably the nurses. I immediately opened my eyes when I knew what happened.

"Lower the drops,"the nurse muttered to herself while looking at her notes. "And patient Luana,"she turned to me. Her eyes widen. She pressed a button above me. "Miss, are you feeling okay?"she asked.

I nodded. "I am,"she sighed in relief. "Please don't move until your Doctor gets here,"I nodded. I can't actually do anything. I was numb. I can see everything. I was in the ICU. I saw the sign at the glass door.

But what caught me more is Rubious with my Father talking, their eyes turn to me time to time. I sighed.

They talked again for a second then I saw my Father walked away with the nurse earlier. I watched him until he got out of my sight. I breathed then turned to Rubious. He was staring at me.

I smiled at him to reassure him. He sighed. I don't know he was pissed but it seemed to be.

I saw Leon running towards Rubious that it made my head spin again. Venus, Luna, their Mother and Bernard. What happened to them?

I saw him leave with Leon and it seemed they had something to talk. The ICU opened and Jahrid was immediately walking towards me. Hm. No wonder why Euphiemia fell in love with him despite being a history enemy. He was kind looking. He somewhat looks cold, though but when you look deeper at those blue eyes, they glitter with kindness.

"Does your stitches hurt or getting sore?"he asked.

"Sr,"the mask was interrupting it. Though, he understands it. "Are you feeling better? You don't feel dizzy or anything?"he asked.